Sunday, April 27, 2008

My crazylegs are crazy tired

Actually, they're still feeling pretty good. But let's check in tomorrow and see how they're doing. Today I ran the Crazylegs Classic in Madison for the 2nd year. It was fa-reezing. Absolutely frigid. And ridiculously windy. You know how you watch a school of fish in the ocean move together with the currents? Big gusts of wind would come and all the runners would get pushed to the side, just like fish. Luckily I had my super cool socks to keep my calves warm. My thighs, however, got the shaft and froze. I did warm up towards the end, when I saw a glimpse of what appeared to be the Sun.

I felt really good throughout the whole run, never having to fight the urge to walk. At some points I was running against the wind and it felt like I was practically walking, but never once did I stop running!!! I didn't really have a time goal compared to last years time, I just wanted to make it under an hour, considering I hardly trained at all for it. Turns out I ran it only 23 seconds slower than last year! How's that for consistent? However, if I had known I was so close, I would have pushed it a little more. At the end there was this tall skinny old black guy in front of me, and I made it my goal to at least beat him, chanting in my head, "Beat the Kenyan, beat the Kenyann!!" I have no idea if he was Kenyan. But I did beat him. And is there any better feeling than passing people running up a hill?? Or any worse feeling than an 80-year-old grandma passing you?

I had an amazing playlist, with all the perfect songs starting at the perfect time, all on their own shuffle schedule. Cake's "Going the Distance" started right when the big hill did. As Fast As' "Florida Sunshine" kicked in right at the final stretch, giving me the energy to cruise by my Kenyan friend. Ahhh, the power of music.

It was really fun, and especially fun to do it with friends. Whitney, Linda, Jessica and I all had a blast. We're in talks of doing a relay marathon....


With Madison's #1 fan, Amy


You know you love the sexy socks! And the moronic laugh/smile combo.

Whitney kicked all our butts with a 40 minute finish.

I was just happy I averaged under a 10 minute mile! Till next year!!

7 comments:

Daniel Smith said...

GO BUCS! I love how you consider Tampa your hometown even though you've lived in every state in the world! Don't you have a song for all the places you've lived?

Anyways I think that's enough comments from me tonight, it was fun while it lasted! You better return the love though!

data recovery said...

Data recovery software retrieve restore deleted files recover windows hard disk drive deleted formatted partition restores deleted data lost due to disk formats and recover data from usb pen drive stick digital camera memory card

NICKEY BOY said...

it is great blog...... Powerpoint Recovery

Windows Keylogger said...

Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post.Your views truly open my mind.

Password Recovery said...

Nice picture and beautiful,

Ángel said...

Good picture?

Zip Repair said...

I appreciate you for your nice post.