Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Pampered Camper

This may come as a shock to you, but we are going camping tomorrow. Like, sleeping in a tent camping. It's been years and years since I've been camping. Let's just say if I had my choice of weekend getaways, I would hands down choose a hotel in the city and a show over putting up a tent, cooking my own food over a smokey fire, and just general dirtiness and bugginess. But this past month for some reason, I've had a sudden desire to go camping. Weird. I vocalized this anomaly to Derrick, who was just as surprised as I was to hear it. Luckily for me, Linda is a big time camper, planned a big campout and invited us! The only problem? No tent. No sleeping bags. Nada. Actually, we do have 2 camping stoves we got as wedding gifts. Random. Well, we snagged some sleeping bags from Derrick's house in LA, and my dad scored us a tent, so at least we're minimally equipped. We set up the tent on Saturday as a trial run, and all went well. It's an old tent, but I think it's pretty sweet. Green canvas-y. Think M*A*S*H. Ha. I picked up some other random campy things today and I think we're ready to go. I'm pumped to make s'mores and doughboys. Speaking of doughboys, Jason, do you dip them in butter before or after you cook them? Then cinnamon sugar?? Mmmmmmm....can't wait! I'm pretty lucky: for some reason mosquitos don't bite me. Pretty sweet set up. Derrick, on the other hand? Mosquito All-You-Can-Eat Buffet. Chuck-a-Rama, baby. I must be too bitter for their taste. I'll take it!

I keep forgetting to write about The Simpsons Movie! We saw it Monday night, and it was hilarious. I was really nervous that I wouldn't get a lot of the jokes since I'm not a regular Simpsons watcher, but that wasn't the case. I mean, maybe I missed a lot of things that I don't know about. Still, really funny. Check it out.

Oprah is on in the background about autism. They're going on about vaccinations and how it causes it. Puh-lease! Nobody knows! Anyone ever heard of genetics?

I'm going to a home buying seminar tonite. Should be interesting. If anyone knows a good realtor around here, let me know!

The Wisconsin State Fair starts today!! I wait for it all year! Cream puffs, cheese curds, carnies, farm animals, flavored milk, racing pigs. So great. We're going next Saturday. Hooray!!!

Enough randomness.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Are you guys buying a house soon? Rock on. I feel like that will never happen for us. Gosh.

I want to see the simpsons movie. I'll have to wait till it comes out on dvd.

I watched that oprah today. It was weird how they mentioned the vaccinations b/c they just said it's a theory but no one said why anyone thinks that they cause autism. They just said people think they do. Also I'm suprised they didn't mention TV- or did they? B/c I've heard that theory too.

Have fun camping. I enjoy camping. Another thing it will be a while before we can do again.

Maria said...

I seem to remember that once upon a time you did own a tent. It was just about big enough for a small child and I think maybe it was a beach tent.

I am not sure, but you and I spent a freezing cold and uncomfortable night down in Saint George crammed in it together. Oh the fun times we shared at BYU. :)

josieposie said...

We have anything to do with camping if you need to borrow! Just holla.