Monday, September 24, 2007

Mish mash

I guess ugliness sparks lots of comments! I love it.

We had a super chill weekend. I sewed a lot. My quilt is now 5 squares by 3, and not bad if I may say so myself. I need to take a picture of it. September is National Sewing Month, did you know that? I didn't. But it is for me for sure!

Watched Rocky Balboa. I heard it was really good. But I thought it was really cheesy. The fight scene was decent. Derrick slept through it. Surprise, surprise.

Made a really yummy peace pie, courtesy of the recipe over at Rose's Kitchen, for a ward party. Had really good chili.

BYU lost again. Last week Derrick said, after their loss, "I don't know if I'm turning a new leaf, or if I don't care anymore, but I don't get all worked up about it anymore. I just accept the fact that they're going to lose. It's so sad." Poor guy.

Derrick went to WWE Raw tonight with some guys from work. Supposedly he wore a wrestling shirt to it. Classy.

Today started my new healthy eating habits. I bought lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and healthy snacks. I did great all day, and then Linda called and invited me to Chili's while Mike and Derrick were out. I'm a sucker for Chili's. And the flavor of the day at Culver's was Chocolate Eclair, which is my #1 all-time favorite flavor. It was really hard, but I resisted. Instead I ate Natural Cheetos at home. Maybe tomorrow will really start my new diet....

1 comment:

J.R.G. said...

uhhh - BYU didn't lose. On 9/22 we beat Air Force. You should tell Derrick - I think it would cheer him up.