Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm a nurse!

This past week has been ridiculously crazy busy. It all started on Thursday when my parents got into town. I still had my final clinical evaluations, which sucked, and we had a mini baby shower for a girl in our class. I made her a sweet rattle cake. Check it:


I made dinner for my parents then headed out for our final nurses night out. Always a good time watching drunk people. And the best part--I remember what everyone does and says and the next day they don't.
That's a very drunk Joe, who told me my head tasted "delicious!"

Friday we picked Sara up from the airport and then somehow wound up hitting various grocery stores in the area. We met up with Derrick and went on the Palermo's Pizza tour, a local company that makes frozen pizza. At the end we ate some pizza, which was really good. We also tried a buffalo blue cheese pizza which was AWESOME. Because of this little tour, Palermo's has gained two more customers. Check it out if they sell it near you.

We picked up Evelyn late late Friday night and then came home and crashed.

Saturday was the pinning ceremony. Sara pinned me, and I had to present the class gift with Joe, pictured above eating my head. Overall, a nice ceremony, and I didn't trip! Joel and Whitney were able to come, which was awesome, considering there was a giant snow storm going on outside. We hit up some Cheesecake Factory afterwards and then a trip to Candy Cane Lane to check out Christmas lights. So pretty.

Sunday was university commencement at US Cellular Arena. They called everyone's name. Luckily December graduation is smaller than June. We got to be called first of the baccalaureate degrees, so that was good. Then we just had to hang out and wait for everyone else. That night was the party, where we had a keg of Sprecher Root Beer. It was so good! After everyone left, I did a keg stand. But not very well. Oh well, what you expect??





I got some awesome gifts. The first was from my dad. He made a cedar chest, and it's beautiful. I need to take a picture of it. It's so cool. Totally made me cry. I love it. My mom got me a nurses watch-which is cool b/c there are 15 second intervals marked off for taking vitals. Sweet. Mike and Linda got me a pair of Crocs, which are the epitome of nursing, right? I can't wait to give them a shot--they swear by them! I got a gorgeous sweater from the O'Neills, which I am currently wearing as I type. And Derrick got me a Lladro, which is ADORABLE.
Isn't it perfect?? What a stud. I love it. I stare at it all the time.

My house is an absolute wreck, and I'm not doing a thing about it. I don't have the energy. I spent all day in Schaumburg at Ikea, which is the greatest place on earth, and Woodfield Mall, which is enough to wear anyone out.

I can't believe school is over. It's still so surreal. I'm a nurse! That's so crazy! I couldn't have done it without the love and support of my friends and family, though, so THANK YOU EVERYONE!! I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you- relish this moment before "real life" starts again!

Thanks for calling Monday night...I'm on my way to Utah but would love to chat!

Lara said...

Congrats!!!! Nurse Karen! So happy for you!

You will be awesome. Have a merry Christmas!

J.R.G. said...

perfect - I now have someone to call when I get sick! Congratulations!!!! Erica and I are so proud.

Caitlin said...

Congratulations!

And, I'm a sick person, but when I first saw the rattle cake I thought of boobs. Is there something wrong with me? I think there is, for sure.

Upon closer inspection the rattle cake is darling :)

Silvs said...

Nurse Karen, congratulations. That is an accomplishment that you can definitely be proud of. I love that you did a keg stand.