Sunday, December 30, 2007

Snow, snow, go away, never come back.

Like the new layout? I had to twist Derrick's arm to pose for me. ;)

We had a massive snowfall on Friday. I didn't leave the house once. It snowed aaaaaalll day. And the next day when I finally did emerge, everything was WHITE. That may sound like an obvious statement, but when I say it was white, I mean, that was the only color you could see. This will sound extremely cheesy, but it really felt like we were in a winter wonderland. I know, gag, but that's the only way I can explain it! All the snow is on one side of the trees, too, which looks so odd. Here's the view from our front door:




I hate to say it, hate to admit it, but it's really beautiful. Ok, I need to repent now.

There must be a little black cloud hovering over me, b/c not only did I break Derrick's Christmas present, I broke my own. I was all set to sew away Friday night on my quilt when I broke a needle and then the machine didn't work smoothly like it should. Great. So Saturday we took it to the Singer shop to get repaired. Luckily, it's under warranty. But now I don't get it back until the 12th. Booooo. I'm such a loser. Here's Derrick enjoying his new toy:


I FINALLY saw Across the Universe yesterday. The music was amazing, and the lead actor is strangely adorable. His accent wasn't helping, either. ;) There were parts that were straight up crazy, but blame that on the acid the Beatles were on. I'll bet if you were high, that movie would be even better.

Awhile ago I mentioned I had some mildly exciting news. Well, today I am officially the Young Women's President at church. (Meaning, I am the leader over all the 12-18 year old girls.) I told you it was just mildly exciting. But I think it will be a good experience, and I'm excited to start.

I can't believe tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Am I the only one who thinks this year has just FLOWN by?? Um...where did it go???

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey YW president!!! I knew the day would come!!! Miss you siter