Sunday, January 13, 2008

Flying solo

Derrick left for NYC this afternoon, so I have been spending a very long and very boring Sunday afternoon on the sofa watching TV. I've been fading in and out of naps, trying to think of something to quiet my loud and rumbly stomach. Living alone would suck.

We went to this really cool restaurant with some friends last night, called The Safe House. It's a totally spy-related place, and lots of secret doorways and tricks and espionage-themed decorations everywhere. It's really fun. The server calls you "agents" and the menu tells you your "secret orders". Super cool. And you need to know a password to get in. If you don't know it, they make you do silly things, which are then played on TVs throughout the place so everyone can laugh at you. We had to do the Itsby Bitsy Spider.

Tomorrow I start on the floor. I'm sure it will be a lot of following someone around like a puppy dog and just nodding all day. Oh, and reading thick manuals and watching outdated videos. FOR 12 HOURS.

But I can't wait.

No comments: