Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my friend Maria! Seven years ago her birthday was on a Sunday, like it is today. And, like today, it was Superbowl Sunday. I remember this day very vividly, as I'm sure she does also. We kept getting crank calls all day long. At this point there were problems with peeping toms in our apartment building. We also had had some problems with crank callers in the recent past. So we were kind of creeped out, and we decided to call in the 5-0. They came by and questioned us, and I think in the midst of the questioning, our Pizza Pipeline delivery showed up. Tricky Stix....yum......

Anyway, we find out later, our mystery caller was none other than the mischievous Skyler Nelson himself, who apparently was short on missionary work to do in Dallas, TX, and obviously jonesing for some sweet Maria voice. Too bad all he got was me, yelling into the phone to say something or I would kill his unborn children. He never did, and I guess technically I should off Tannner, but he's so darn adorable I'll let it slide.

Anyway, happy birthday to one of my best friends! Hope your day is great! And don't hate me for posting this picture--I love it!

3 comments:

jimmieP said...

We're all glad that you decided let Tanner live. I'd hate to start an old fashioned family blood feud. Mostly because I'd be afraid to endure "feels like" -29 degree weather trying to track you down.

AnnP said...

That was memorable, but I think the birthday party you two shared the year before is a rival for memorable. In case you forgot, I will refresh your memory. Disco rollerskating, Maria with an afro, Adam and the toothpick, Micah and her well done turkey...

Maria said...

Ahh, all the fun memories! Thanks for the shout out Karen. :) Now that I am getting fat again with all my baby weight I am looking at the picture thinking; my face looks crazy but take away the big nostrals, wrinkles on the forehead, and gummy smile, and I look great! ;)