Thursday, March 20, 2008

Boi-oi-oi-oing! IT'S SPRING!

Well, technically, at least. These past two days have been sooo sunny and "warm" and gorgeous. And I have been in the bestest of moods. Proof that I am indeed a creature of warmth. I need the sun. I crave it. Humans are just not engineered to live in cold, dark climates.

I can only hope that my good mood continues, despite the SNOW STORM we're supposed to get tonite. Boo. But everything else is going swimmingly. Work is going great, with the high possibility of a switch to days. My friends are amazing. I've been cleaning stuff out, and that always feels great--like a fresh start--and I love anything fresh and new. There is Easter candy everywhere. And I'm not scared to say that Easter has THE best candy of any holiday. Cadbury Mini-Eggs are hands down the best chocolate candy on the market.


Of course there's always the SweeTarts chicks and bunnies, Starburst Jellybeans, and the infamous Peeps. Who can resist a good Peep show??


Something they have here in Milwaukee that I've never seen anywhere else is Lamb Butter. Butter shaped like a lamb. I don't know where it originated, but I love it, and I buy it every year. The only thing better than butter is holiday-shaped butter!


It's just a good time of year. The promise of summer is just around the corner, and you can hear the geese calling in the distance, coming back home. Where the daylight lingers just a few minutes longer each day, offering you the chance to savor all that is turning green with life once more. When the promise of the atonement is renewed and refreshed, and you remember just why we celebrate this season of new life.

Happy Spring, everyone!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

ha ha ha! I LOVE the peep show pic, but sadly I do not like the peeps.

Kaylynn said...

That butter is hilarious. I mean, which part do you even start with? A head and then have a headless lamb?