Saturday, July 19, 2008

Catsup. Ketchup. Catch up.

All the way back to Summerfest. We went with the O'Neill's and checked out the Plain White T's. They were actually pretty good. But even better than the show on stage was the show on the picnic table next to us. A couple of....teenagers?? drunk college kids?? I don't know. But they were all over each other like white on rice. Like stink on poop. Talk about a grope fest. She was grinding up on him like nobody's business, and he was just standing there eating it up. Then she got behind him, and next thing we know her hand is through his fly in his shorts. Props to Whitney for pointing out this lovely side show. We were staring at them, astonished at what we were actually seeing. I think she realized we were watching because she faced him again, hands still down his pants. Then they skipped away to another table for more drunken debauchery. You never know what you're gonna get at Summerfest. We also caught Ingrid Michaelson's popular song...the one where she sings about buying you Rogaine when you're losing all your hair. On our way out we heard some of The Wailers, and practically got hot boxed walking through that crowd. Bonus: Since it was July 3rd, and Milwaukee is backwards in all it's holidays, we were downtown to see the 4th 3rd of July fireworks show. All in all, a great night.

And just because Joel told me not to post this picture of him excited about his Zippo pin, I am posting it.


Sweet bandana huh? I fit right in.


Moving on...4th of July. I had to work that night but we had a BBQ in the morning with our Kohl's buddies. Food, volleyball, chit chat, great weather, nothing better. I made a patriotic cake with the strawberries we picked the day before for the BBQ, and a strawberry pie for work.


I think that's about it. Now I feel like I can post about current things. Whew.

I'm working up the courage to post pics of my weekly belly shots. I'm definitely starting to get a belly, although I don't think I'm technically "showing". It's just fat. Not baby. However, I think morning sickness is officially over, knock on wood. Hooray! Now I'm just perma-sleepy. It's been a little hard to see my body change, but I've come to realize it's not my own anymore. I'm just a baby factory, and it will do what it wants. I think the hardest part is seeing chubby ankles at the end of the day. Cankles. Yikes.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You are probably the cutest pregnant girl. I'd love to see a picture, but I understand if you don't post any until you are about to pop like me :) It's kinda awkward because everyone will comment and it's just weird. You are a baby factory, but you probably aren't showing to the rest of the world. I'm glad your morning sickness is over, I bet you are enjoying food again. Make sure and put your feet up at the end of the day and make Derrick rub them :) Hope you continue to feel well!!!

Silvs said...

Way to keep on rockin' that tan.

We are 3. said...

For the record: I promise my husband is not a homosexual, although he may look like one in that picture!

Karen- he says the war is ON!