Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Seattle

This past weekend we were in Seattle for the BYU/Univ. of Washington game. I have never been to Seattle before, heck, it was my first time to Washington! I loved it! We got in Thursday night and stayed with Maria & Skyler. It was so fun to see them and their two boys. Maria showed us around Snoqualmie Falls, which were very cool, and very big, and right in the middle of a town. So bizarre! We stayed up way too late talking, but it was fun to catch up with them.

I could give you a play by play of everything we did, but I'll just list some highlights, and then throw in some pictures. By the way, I added picasa albums to the sidebar, so if you want to see the rest of them, you can check them out there. Thrilling, I know.

  • We went to the top of the Space Needle (very cool views)
  • We went on a Duck Tour (easily my favorite part of the trip!)
  • We went through the Experience Music Project (a letdown. boo.)
  • Pike's Market (gorgeous and very cool as well)
  • Seattle Underground Tour (interesting...and a little weird)
  • BYU Football fireside Friday night (tons of people, but very good and neat to hear the players speak and sing)
  • The big game, which was great considering they won. (Barely.)
  • Seeing Tyler and Stacy Henderson (always a treat!)
  • Sitting in a Bentley. And a Ferarri. (Isn't it fun to have rich friends?)
  • Eating tons of great seafood (clam chowder x2!!)
  • Seeing lots of crazy public art around town
  • Derrick meeting Ty Detmer (his absolute hero!)
Tyler, I love this pic!!!
Ok, I think that's enough pictures! There were just so many good ones to choose from! Seriously, if you want to see more, check out the album.

It was a fab, fab trip. The weather was amazing, not a drop of rain, and everything was gorgeous. So green. I pretty much fell in love with Washington and Seattle!

And why is it that when I travel, I can never poo? Something about not being in a familiar environment always stops me up. That's the only downside to traveling. Boo on the no poo.

5 comments:

NelsonFamily said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! You take great pictures. Except, Who is that fat girl in the black shirt with the cute boy in yellow boots?? :) I guess I should just be glad that the morning photo didn't make the blog. Sorry the EMP was a bummer, I will remember to never recommend it to anyone.

Samantha said...

TMI. Thank you.

When we went to Seattle the Music Experience was closed. We didn't miss out I take it? We went to the Science Museum instead. That underground tour looks awesome, I would have loved that. I liked Seattle. The people there seem hip and laid back, it seems like a cool place to live- William's sister lived there for a while, which is why we went.

You still need to invite me to your shower. If I can't go I'm going to smash things.

Anonymous said...

I was there in April. Its a very clean city. I also thought the Music Experience was overrated. Did you go to that weird store on the waterfront with the shrunken heads? Is Ty Detmer still a Mormon? My first wife's friend baptized him.

Nick

E.F.G. said...

your trip looked fabulous. i'm going to copy the highlight format as soon as we go somewhere again. i thought the underground stuff was fascinating--i knew nothing about seattle's history!

glad you love seattle...before you consider a move, you should probably visit sometime between october and may. i've heard its ugly.

The Henderson's said...

Love that picture of me...can't stop laughing.

Erica, the weather is great all year round.