Saturday, January 10, 2009

One week

I can't believe it's already been a week. Over a week, actually. Everyone keeps saying how fast time goes by, and to enjoy every moment, and I'm starting to believe them. So I have been trying to enjoy every moment, knowing that they grow so fast. Part of me wants her to stay this size, in this stage forever--so cuddly and sweet-smelling. The other part of me can't wait to see her grow and learn new things.

We're all still doing great. Although I'm getting major cabin fever. Derrick is home on paternity leave for the next week, which is kind of weird--I don't think we've ever had so many days off and not gone anywhere. A staycation, if you will. I wish it weren't so cold out so we could go on walks. The end of next week we're supposed to have wicked cold weather. Like, -10 is the HIGH cold weather. So cold we got a notice to run our water every so often and flush all our toilets regularly so the pipes don't burst cold weather. Please, remind me again why I live here???

Seeing Derrick with Summer melts my heart. He's already the best dad. I knew he would be.

I still can't get enough of this hair!! I love it!



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rod and Kandace said...

You are right about her hair! It is incredible. I think most mom's hope for lots of hair on their babies, but you actually got what you hoped for. LUCKY! I think she has more hair than my Gretchen who is 16 months old. She is a beauty. Congratulations again.

We are 3. said...

The B&W pic is frame worthy... she is delish!

Stewart Family said...

what a sweet little baby. congratulations!

Leslie said...

Karen-- that hair is to die for! It's so cute!! What an adorable baby!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that you're doing good at home. She's so cute. Congratulations!

Nikki said...

She is so cute Karen! I'm glad that she is so easy for you. i feel the same way about Miles mostly..although he is now 7 months old. I feel like he was the most fantastic baby! Keep it up..oh and I do hate you for fitting into your pre-prego jeans. I doubt you gained a whopping 45 pounds like me..what a pig.

wackywilsons said...

Yes....you will get some hate comments for fitting into your pre-pregnancy jeans....think of some bitter fat girl giving you a dirty look...that's what I would do if I were to see you in those things!! ha:)

Anyway....your baby girl is so sweet and I do love her hair. Does it get all greasy when you rub it too much?

You must have some cabin fever b/c you are posting quite a bit for a new mama...no complaints on my end, b/c I sure do love catching up.

I am still prego....