Wednesday, January 07, 2009

One year

I can't believe I started working 1 year ago today. This was like the fastest year ever! But I swear every year that passes seems to fly by even faster than the year before. Am I the only one that feels like this??

I've loved working this past year. I love my job, I love being a nurse, and I love everyone I work with. That's a pretty good combination for job satisfaction, I'd say! I still feel like I have a lot to learn in my position, but it's cool to see how far I've come since my first day on the floor.

I have a feeling these next 12 weeks will zip on by, and I'll be picking up shifts before I know it. I'm glad my job is so flexible where I have the option to work whenever it's convenient for me/us. I love knowing when I'm at work Derrick will be home to take care of Summer, and I won't have to worry about a thing. Well...at least I know she'll be with family. :)

I'm mostly grateful for the education I've been able to receive that's gotten me to this point. Yeah, it was hard. Yeah, it was expensive. But it was all worth it.

Here's to another year!

1 comment:

Sara and Brian said...

I can't believe it has been a year already! Just a year ago I was pretending to be your cousin and puting that pin on your boobie, and making you shake hands with your dean. Augh! Good memories! Are you planning on just working PRN? Or what's the deal there? I NEED you to post more pictures!!!! I can't wait to see more of them. I'm headed to Hotlanta tomorrow, but when I get back, be expecting something in the mail. Love ya much!