Saturday, February 07, 2009

Another food dream

Last night I had a dream I was at my grandma's house, in her kitchen. She had tons of boxes of cereal to choose from, and I was trying to decide what to have for breakfast. What did I choose? Corn Flakes. But not just any Corn Flakes, Confederate Corn Flakes. This is sort of what the box looked like (yes, these are my mad photoshop skillz):

There were four lines of text on the box as well, proclaiming white supremacy and various racial slurs.

As I poured my cereal and was about to take a bite, the friends who were with me looked at me in shock. They questioned my choice in disbelief, and I apparently realized what I had done and promptly threw it in the sink. Then I chose the regular, boring Corn Flakes. The Yankee Corn Flakes? I'll never know for sure.

What in the world is this supposed to mean??

I hope there's a place in heaven where you can watch all of your old dreams. You know, like a giant Blockbuster of all your dreams on DVD. Wouldn't that be awesome?

At BYU I went on a date with a guy to the International Cinema and saw Kurosawa's Dreams. It was so bizarre, but I remember it being such a cool idea to put your dreams to screen. In case you're interested, here's one of the 8 segments from the movie, called "Crows". It's my favorite, not only b/c it features Van Gogh's art, but also the Raindrop Prelude by Chopin.



Wonder what tonite's dream will be??

2 comments:

Silvs said...

I know you're kind of joking about the photoshop skillz, but you're also kind of serious. And I'm serious when I say that I'm impressed by even something as simple as that. Good job.

Glad you're still staying busy in motherhood. You know...besides the baby.

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have another blessed year!

Love Ya