Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hula!

Since we didn’t get to officially celebrate Derrick’s last precious moments in his 20’s since we were in Florida, we had a belated birthday bash for his this past weekend. What better way to ring in his 30’s than with a luau? Especially since it’s cold here already!

Thanks to the Patten’s for lending the awesome Tiki Torches!

DSC_4885

We had roasted pork, rice, pineapple, salad, and pina coladas (thanks to expert bartender Mark!). Casey and Emily emerged as the hula hoop champions, although I did debate revoking Casey’s title after he cheated and bumped into me causing my hoop to fall.

We had some great Hawaiian outfits, which I failed to capture on film. I’m so sad about that. Everyone did get lei’d, however! We even had a pinata, which was a little stubborn and had to be thrown against the wall. Now I have stubborn sucker pieces stuck to my craft room floor.

DSC_4924

 

DSC_4906    DSC_4888 

DSC_4944

We had a great time with our friends and we’re so glad everyone was able to make it!

 

Steal my camera, expect to pay for it!

DSC_4946

3 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Hey, this is Menomonee Falls. We don't do those types of things :)
Nick

Patten Family said...

Hey....who is that girl in the pink? She looks fun!

PS: It was Whit's idea!!!

Emmy said...

Looks like an awesome birthday! And he is officially an old man now.