Friday, January 29, 2010

Guest Blogger: Summer

DSC_5873Hey everyone! What’s up? I see my mom on here all the time and I’ve been wondering what all the hype is about so I thought I’d try it out. Especially since I have a gripe to discuss with you.

All my life I’ve heard what an amazing baby I am. I’ve always been a “great sleeper”, “great eater”, you name it. Up in heaven, all I heard from my mom was “please let her have hair!” Well, she got it. And lots of it.

Lately I’ve heard my mom talk about how I’m “not a cuddler.” Well, when I turned one I decided to change that. So now I cuddle with her all the stinking time.

I used to hear her call me “lazy” because I wasn’t crawling yet. Well, I got sick of that name-calling nonsense so now I crawl all over the place. I pretty much cater to my parents’ every whim. I’m a freaking good kid, you know that?

People are always stopping to talk to me at stores and telling my mom how cute my eyes are and how smiley I am. You would think that would make my mom and dad happy.

But I guess they’re not.

Because now they’re telling me that even though I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to them, I’m going to have a little brother or sister. I mean really?? Am I not good enough?

And on top of that, I only get to be an only child for 19 months! Give me a decent amount of time to be spoiled for Pete’s sake! Sheesh! Mom and dad say they wanted kids close together and that this was all planned but I think they’re just saying that to make me feel better about having a little brother or sister. And I really hope it’s a brother because I do not plan on sharing any of the attention with another girl. I will be the cute one in the family, thankyouverymuch.

I think this baby must be possessing her, too, because she’s always looking for something in the toilet. Weird, right?

So, from now until August 19th, you better believe I will be milking this only child business to the very end. Mom tried to get pictures of me in this super lame “I’m the Big Sister” t-shirt but as you can see I wasn’t going to cooperate with her one bit. 

This is exactly how I feel about this.DSC_5927

And you better believe this is where I’ll be putting this new kid as soon as I get my paws on it. See my face? I’m serious.DSC_5937

Well, I must say this blogging thing is very therapeutic. I feel better already!

Until next time, peeps!

29 comments:

J.R.G. said...

what do you know? Congrats!!!

Bushchicken said...

Congratulation, Summer! I'll be sending you some cyanide and arsenic in August, just in case you miss the attention.

amy said...

congrats! so, that's why you left early on Sunday...skipping out on VTing me :)

Lee Anne said...

Congratulations! So sorry you are sick on top of sick. Just awful.
Hope you are past the yucky part soon.
Best wishes!

Jodee Luke said...

i knew it!!!! congrats!!!

Lindsey said...

We are so excited for you guys! I can't believe you're going to have two kids!

Jessica said...

OH MY GOSH! Congrats! Soon you'll have as many as I do! I knew all that puking was for something.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Good Job Derek. The guy deserves some props also.

vanessa said...

Such a cute post from a cute girl! Congrats on #2!! Our girls are 21 months apart and it was hard at first but it really is Awesome now! The second one is great too because two girls is great but one of each is great too! I hope the pregnancy is going well!

Nikki said...

YAY! Cats out of the bag now! I love the blog from "summer," I'll have to use that idea sometime. Congratulations you guys!

Ashley C. said...

flu shmu! glad its for a good reason!!! :) congrats. how very fun and exciting!!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Congratulations, Summer. Don't worry, girlfriend...you will always reign supreme...first born status is yours forever and I can't imagine a baby cuter than you! So happy for you Callisters!

Patty

Cynthia said...

Yay! You're well on your way to having a full table of children to go with that full set of dishes. :)

Emmy said...

Lol! This is hilarious and congrats!!!!!

But you know, she is a girl, and if she is anything like my Alex is acting like she is going to be, she is going to love the baby because she is a girl. :)

Celine said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! And I love the way you announced it- very cute!

Sam and Brent said...

It may have taken her a while to crawl, but she sure learned to spell fast! Congrats on the baby!! :)

Megan said...

So Exciting!!!!! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Lyana said...

What a funny post:) You are very creative. Now I see your due date, congratulations, again.
I am sure Summer will be fantastic with her new brother or sister, especially because she is a girl. And she'll never even remember life without a sibling:)

Miranda said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Ashley Johnson said...

I'm shocked. Shocked! And so excited! Yea for you guys! I hope you're feeling better--no fun to have the stomach flu when you're already feeling yucky!

We are 3. said...

You need another widget! :)

Samantha said...

Hey you're due the day after Clive's 1st birthday! :D

Stewart Family said...

Congratulations :o) ( I get the pickle post now!)

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Hey...I have to ask...since your first was born in the winter and you named her Summer, will this child (born in summer) be named Autumn, Spring, or Winter? ;D

Patty

Sarah said...

Yay!!!! I am so excited for you guys and it really is amazing how much of a blessing these sweet little babies are:) Man, you guys are on a roll! That is so AWESOME and I can't wait to find out what you guys are having:) Congrats! Oh, and Summer is just the prettiest little thing I have ever seen!

Silvs said...

Most comments ever. Congrats again :). Summer is the cutest little girl ever, and I'm sure you hear that all the time, but I'm also sure that it never gets old. I'm excited to see your next little addition.

Jennifer Gilmore said...

We are SO happy for you guys! Congrats. They will be close in age -the first two years are a little crazy - but then it's awesome. :)

Melissa said...

YEA! Congrats! You are so creative to annoucne it this way! Summer will be such a great big sister.

Melissa and Trevor said...

Congrats!!!!! Our first 2 are 17 months apart and it is wonderful-they play together and are best friends.