Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fair Food, take 2

Our friend Mark went to the fair Friday night and being the most awesome nicest person that he is, bought us a Krispy Kreme cheeseburger AND a deep friend PB&J and met Derrick for a little drug-deal type rendevoux in the rain.

They needed a little reheat in the microwave, but they were still everything I hoped they would be. The cheeseburger would have been alright if the meat wasn't just a tasteless patty. The donut was actually pretty good, and it had the whole sweet/salty thing going on.


The PB&J did not disappoint, and was delicious and gooey and crispy and just heavenly. I'm trying to figure out if they dip it in some kind of batter or if the bread just crisps up on its own when deep fried. I'm thinking a box of Uncrustables and my deep fryer need to be fast friends.

I can now rest happily knowing I experienced everything I hoped to at the fair this year. I'll go to sleep a little sad tonight knowing it's the last day of the fair, and that I have to wait a whole year before we get to go again.

It's probably a good thing it's only a once a year event...otherwise I might be 400 pounds!

Thanks Mark!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that burger

Nick

ARRK said...

Your posts are really awesome...
after reading this posts i become a fan of you....
very interesting to read your posts.
but you always taking about the foods same like me....ha ha ha...
i would like to be a brother(younger) of you.....