Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Hallo-WEINERS!

We had a lot of fun this Halloween! As soon as I saw the cheeseburger costume at Old Navy I knew I wanted it for Summer. And when I found a hot dog costume for a baby I knew it was meant to be. And since I’m always game for a good theme, I decided to be french fries and Derrick dressed up as an In-n-Out worker. Perfect!!

Summer loved wearing her costume and saying “trick or treat!” until the time came for her to actually say it. She did warm up towards the end, but she was initially spooked by Batman who came to our house. I don’t think she likes other people in costumes. (Are we sure she’s my daughter???) DSC_9669

DSC_9652 DSC_9695 DSC_9663 I bought these tights in 2 sizes before Summer was even born. Neither size fit her last year. I was so excited that they fit this year! I looooved them! She did too!DSC_9681 DSC_9691She hasn’t put her pumpkin down in a week. As soon as she wakes up she asks where her pumpkin is. I had to empty out all the candy because I would find her in a corner having taken a bite out of a tootsie roll, paper and all, just chomping away with the biggest grin on her face. Now she gets one treat per day, sans wrappers.

We got our fair share of trick-or-treaters this year. I always love to see the kids in their costumes. Most of them are so cute! BUT----we had some seriously LAME kids this year too! Lots of kids looked like they were just in regular clothes. I would ask them what they were supposed to be and they would say, “Well, I was a _____ but I took my mask/hat/whatever off.” The last two guys of the night were like 16, and dressed in regular clothes. I asked them what they were supposed to be and they said, “Nothing.”

Me: “You expect me to give you free candy and you didn’t even bother to dress up?”

Them: “Uh….yeah?”

Me: “I don’t think so. What are you supposed to be. Think of something.”

Guy 1: (Pointing to the name patch on his shirt that says "Kevin”) “Hey, I’m a mechanic!”

Me: “Ok, I’ll take that. Take 3 pieces of candy.” (Talking to Guy 2) “What are you supposed to be?”

Guy 2: “I don’t know.”

Me: “Better think of something!”

Guy 2: “I don’t know. I can’t think of anything!”

Me: “That’s lame. Here’s 1 piece. Dress up next time if you want free candy!”

Ok, really????? Just because it’s Halloween doesn’t mean it’s a free for all to go begging! Put some effort into it and make a costume! Throw on a sheet and be a ghost! Just because Obama’s president now doesn’t mean the free handouts carry over into Halloween! Not at my house!

Remember kids, you want candy from our house, you better be dressed up!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!!

7 comments:

Lara said...

Those tights are the BEST.

Nikki said...

Such a cute fast food family...so funny.

When I see kids older kids at my door with no costumes I send them back to the store...go buy a bag of candy instead of looking like a dork standing on a doorway in the pouring rain. Really???

Lee Anne said...

Your girls are sooo cute.

Patten Family said...

Wow...mental note to stay clear of your neighborhood in years to come!

Hannah was HILARIOUS. That poor kid:)

Jessica Sandoval said...

You make me laugh. I wonder how it would have been growing up together.

Courtney said...

Don't they know it is a law/rule not to trick-or-treat over the age of 12 years old. I overheard at work that kids were getting fined in IL who were over 12 years old (kind of crazy). I think you should just have a sign on your door next year that states "Must be under the age of 12 to ring the door bell and ask for candy." However, you might risk the chance of being egged. I wish parents were more creative in the kiddos costumes as well because it makes Halloween so much more festive. The zoo was great and even adults dressed up!

Unknown said...

I love the hamburger costume!!

And I did finish the series...LOVED IT...I thought she ended it with the right people getting together! Now I'm just waiting on my mom, sis-in-law, and brother to finish!!