Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Things I’m loving

Despite being sick all week (pink eye and viral infections), and having sick kids (pink eye and colds) for going on 2 weeks, there are a few things that still brighten my day.

My flowers are blooming out front, despite nature’s attempt at keeping them in hibernation. And I got to thinking, “why should my neighbors across the street get to see them all day?” So I snipped some Hyacinths and brought them in, so I get to enjoy them all day long. They make our house smell amazing, and they are just so darn pretty in a simple bud vase. My Narcissus are next to come in. But really I just can’t wait for my Peonies out back to start blooming. Drop dead gorgeous. Makes me want to plant tons of bulbs for next year. But I’m terrified I’ll kill them. We cut back the lavender in the fall and it still hasn’t come back to life yet. If they don’t grow our front beds will look awfully barren. At least the roses are starting to come up.

DSC_2400

Next up: Lemon Buddies! Allow me to introduce you to the cool, laid back, beachy cousin of the rugged, chocolaty Muddy Buddy. It’s like popping a little bit of sunshine in your mouth. Over, and over, and over again. I found these little dudes while perusing Pinterest, which I know I’ve talked about before, but seriously, it’s so addicting. Not only can I catalog things that I find for future reference, but I have found so many new recipes, crafts, and decor ideas. Love, love, love it.

3888ETO_21610_r49162-1_N

And last but certainly not least: Pigtails!! At last! Nothing makes this mama’s heart beat faster than a babe with gobs of hair. And while this child was born with plenty, some of it has decided to jump ship, and the rest just hasn’t grown that much. Summer was in piggies at 6 months, and I have been lamenting the fact that Hannah is practically bald in comparison. I gave Summer vitamins religiously when she was a baby and Hannah…not so much. I was sure that’s why her hair wasn’t growing. So I started again. Now she has mini-piggies. Coincidence? You be the judge. 

DSC_2358And this little girl, despite having a double ear infection and double pink eyes, has still been as sweet as ever. I just want to eat her up. And luckily for me, she usually lets me. What a dear.

4 comments:

Lara said...

I figured something was up--you hadn't updated in a while. Hope everyone is better now!

LOVE the PIGGIES!!!

Miriam said...

those lemon buddies look delicious! I'm making them soon!

Anonymous said...

Omg it is amazing that you have so much drive and initiative to tackle everything that you do and still have time to get the girls ready every morning and have dinner on the table for your hubs. High fivers!

Branbury Rules

Melissa said...

I think I will have to try thpse Lemon Buddies! Yum! Hannah is so cute! I love her :)