Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hannah, the Very Hungry Caterpillar!

We celebrated Hannah's 1st birthday today with a Very Hungry Caterpillar party! It wasn’t a very big party, just some of our closest friends, but it was fun and there was lots of food! At least, what was left after a very hungry caterpillar got to it! :) Hannah ate and ate, just as she always does, but wasn’t such a fan of her cake! Maybe she was too full from lunch, but she didn’t even take a bite!

I had a lot of fun making the decorations and getting everything ready. I was so excited to have a baby in the summer so one of us could actually have a party outside, but wouldn’t you know it, it rained. So inside it was.

She got some fun gifts, and had many little friends help her open them. It was a great day to celebrate Hannah and her cute little personality!

DSC_4081

DSC_4084

DSC_4065

DSC_4066

DSC_4077  DSC_4074 DSC_4073 DSC_4072 DSC_4067DSC_4075   DSC_4178 DSC_4170DSC_4151 DSC_4147 DSC_4136And now Derrick and I are off to Utah for A WEEK. BY OURSELVES! My parents will have the kids while we enjoy a week away, eating at all of our favorite places, I’ll be at Education Week at BYU and he’ll be doing whatever. I’m super excited to fly sans kids, and not worry about naptimes or diapers. Of course I’ll be worried about them the whole time, and I already miss them. Pray for me, my parents, and especially my kids!! Thanks mom and dad!!

6 comments:

Stewart Family said...

super cute!

JLTan said...

Cute!

Your post brought back memories of when my daughter was about that age. She received a huge stuffed-toy catapillar with one letter the alphabet on each segment of its body.

Lara said...

You will miss them, but it will be SO AWESOME being on your own again, just the two of you. Trust me on this.

Becky said...

I got some parenting advice the other day. It went something like this... The only thing you need to do to make your kid's childhood a success is to make them an extravagant birthday cake every year... I think you got that one covered. Someday I hope to be as cute as you :)

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I can not believe the food setup you had! Looks so delish! You are such a great mom- your kids are lucky :)

Lyana said...

Oh wow! You keep amazing me with your creativity!!!! Beautiful colors! Great pictures! Looks like so much fun!