I know this is cliche’, but I can’t believe I have a three year old! What happened to my tiny little baby?
We had a Hello Kitty birthday party with her little nursery class friends a few days before her actual birthday. There were a total of 6 little girls running around, which was pretty manageable with the help of my parents, Ann and Katie, and my friend Lindsey who stayed. All the other parents dropped off, which let me tell you, sure does take a lot of pressure off party entertaining! 3 year olds don’t really care about much other than candy and having fun!
Each girl got their kitty whiskers and spent approximately .8 seconds of the allotted 15 minutes coloring.
I’m starting to freak out that we’ll be done with the whole shebang in 20 minutes flat and how am I going to entertain 6 3 year olds for an another hour??
We move onto the pinata, which was a big hit, no pun intended. Seriously, it was a pull string pinata. :)
We had cupcakes and ice cream and opened presents and played and poof! It was over. I was worried for nothing. Summer had a great time and was in heaven playing with all of her new Barbies and babies and Hello Kitty stickers and things.
I must say I think my cupcakes turned out so darling. After a miserably failed attempt at making my own marshmallow fondant I just bit the bullet and bought some at Michael’s. What a dream to work with! I used a Hello Kitty cookie cutter and topped frosted cupcakes with them. I used my new Cricut Cake to cut out the pink flowers (love it!) and then used mini M&M’s cut in half for the eyes and nose and a whole one on the flowers. Oh, and black gel icing from a tube for the whiskers. I don’t care if fondant is utterly inedible I think it looks amazing and don’t care one bit when it’s all tossed in the trash!
My sister in law travels abroad frequently and picked up a ton of Hello Kitty swag in the Philippines on the cheap to use as party bags for her friends.
On her actual birthday, Derrick and my dad took her to open bounce at La Fluer’s (where she takes gymnastics now and loooves it!) and then we had lunch at McDonald’s at her request. She played in the snow for a bit and then she requested broccoli cheese soup for dinner. After dinner we opened family gifts. She loved the umbrella we gave her, the Hello Kitty dinner set from G&G Romesburg, the HK game and plush from Grandma Callister, and the Polly Pockets from Ann and Katie. I think she had a fun day—we tried to make it a good one for her!
Summer, while full of sass and fire, is also very sweet and loving. She loves to give hugs and kisses and wants to snuggle more than she did when she was a baby. She picks up on everything we say and never forgets anything. She’s a pretty smart kid who loves to sing and often likes to make up words to songs. One of her favorite things is to ask us to sing “____ song”. Horse song, chair song, cat song, whatever. We always say, “I don’t know the horse song” and she sings, “horse song, horse song, try it!” She thinks she’s pretty clever. At the doc the other day she weighed in at 30 lbs (43%) and 36” (19%) and healthy as can be. Despite all the headaches she sometimes puts us through we absolutely love this little girl and her spunky personality. Our family would not be complete without her!
I interviewed Summer and here are her answers. I plan on doing this every year and compiling them into some sort of book.
1. What is your favorite color? green
2. What is your favorite toy? Pixie
3. What is your favorite fruit? orange
4. What is your favorite tv show? sesame street
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? mac n cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? dress
7. What is your favorite game? puzzle
8. What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
9. What is your favorite animal? seal
10. What is your favorite song? twinkle, twinkle little star
11. What is your favorite book? russell the sheep
12. Who is your best friend? peyton and jocelyn and kylie
13. What is your favorite cereal? cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play in the snow
15. What is your favorite drink? chocolate milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? (didn't have one)
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Pixie
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cheerios
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? had broccoli cheese soup
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? flowers (i have no idea what that means?)