Monday, June 26, 2006

The O.C.

Well, the week at home was....interesting, I guess. I mostly spent the entire time avoiding my mother and trying to avoid conflict. There was a big discussion between us that pretty much left me hating it there, and wishing to go home. The only consolation was that my grandparents were there to save me and take me on a loooong drive with them. Up to Rhode Island. In their sweet 68 Chrystler. It's like 18 feet long. But it reeked of moth balls, and after the ride, I did too. By the end of the week things were OK, and my mom and brother actually stayed in our apartment in Milwaukee on their drive out to Montana, where my bro will be working for the summer. Graduation was good. I got some really great pictures that I'll have to post when I get a chance. I'm currently in Newport Beach, CA, with the entire Callister family. It's almost noon, and have I seen the sun yet? No. It's so lame, these California beaches. You have to wait for the fog and smog to "burn off" before you can actually go the beach. We don't have that problem in Florida!!

Friday was probably the longest day of my life. We got up at 330am to take my aunt and uncle to the Hartford airport, then mom and dad drove me to New Haven so I could catch the train to NYC, where I got off in Harlem then caught a bus to La Guardia. Landed in Milwaukee at 1230pm, then LEFT Milwaukee for LA at 7pm. After a layover in Denver and a flight on Frontier, which, if I may say, have the crappiest seats EVER, we finally made it home in LA at 3am. A full 24 hour day of nothing but travel. By plane, train, and automobile.

So here I am at the Newport Beach Public Library b/c my laptop isn't picking up any wireless networks. It's all good tho, because there's only so much family I can take at a time. I ran down the boardwalk this morning, so at least I'm doing something productive. Hopefully by the time I get back to the beach house the sun will be out.

But I seriously doubt it.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You were in Denver and you didn't say hello? Well, I guess when you are stuck with that crappy of flights, you don't get much a choice! Miss you chica! Have fun in California!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this has nothing to do with your latest blog, but I had to tell you this.
I saw Luke Staley today. I know that's information you'd want to hear.