Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mixed bag

Hola!

Well, I'm finally back, and finally feeling like posting. Hooray for you. I'm sure you've been anxiously awaiting the return of the Wet Donkey. And I can't think of a better background to type than South Park's "Succubus" episode, which is the best episode ever.

CA in general was a good time. It was fun to see the family and just sit on the beach and do nothing all day. Fabuloso. We flew back on the the crappiest of crappy flights on Frontier Airlines. I don't care if it was a free flight, their airline sucks. Midwest is soooo much better. I mean, chocolate chip cookies!! C'mon! We got back on the 4th of July and my mom came in later night. She was here thru Sunday morning. I was pretty nervous about how it was going to go, but it actually went great. It was a lot of fun. We toured the Miller, Sprecher, and Harley factories, and went up north to Widmer's Dairy, which was pretty sweet, too. Yummy cheese.

Saw some movies--here's what I think.



Pretty cheesy. I'm not a huge Superman fan, and I think it would have been a little better had I known the Superman backstory. I know, who doesn't know it? Well, I didn't. Not completely. I'm a Kate Boswell fan, but her acting was terrible. No connection between Lois and Superman at all. The whole time I wanted them to get together. No such luck. I guess that's what the sequels are for.

Next up,



Cutest movie ever!!! Saw it with my neices and nephew. It was adorable! As most kids movies, this was not really for kids. Lots of adult jokes and innuendos. Love, love, love it. Can't wait to see it again. And Rascal Flatt's version of "Life is a Highway" rocks my world.




I saw this at the dollar theater here by myself. I've been wanting to see it for awhile and it keeps falling through when I plan it with friends. So I just went. I actually thought it was pretty cute, and I found myself laughing out loud more than once. Plus, who doesn't love Matthew McConaughey??

Lastly,



Akeelah and the Bee. This was toooo cute. Again, I went to the dollar theater to see this alone. Nobody I know wanted to see it, and I knew Derrick would just sleep, so why not. Besides, I wasn't working this week so what else was I supposed to fill my days with? I really enjoyed it, but I'm a huge spelling bee geek. It's a complete "feel-good" movie, and of course I cried at the end. Sort of a corny ending, but hey, it was a Starbucks Production. I should have expected it.

I also rented Just Like Heaven, which was weirder than I was expecting. But I love Reese Witherspoon, she's so adorable. And we rented Glory Road tonite but Mr. Snooze of course is now asleep so I stopped it to finish it tomorrow. So far, so good though.

Now I am working, for the next two weeks, at a psychiatric clinic. A one doctor office with one secretary. He's going to be out of the office 4 of the 10 days I'm temping there, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Only downside: I have to wear closed-toed shoes b/c some clients may have a foot phobia/fetish. Creepy!!!!!!

Music update:
New Keane CD--Under the Iron Sea---AWESOME. Love it. Can't get enough of it.

Jessica Simpson's new song, "A public affair", is actually decent. It's such a girly song. I am totally hating her right now for divorcing Nick, but I do like this song.

Gnarls Barkley. Love him.

OK, now they played it constantly in Los Angeles, and I have YET to here it here. Surprise, surprise. Maybe we'll hear it here next year. But I must say I'm IN LOVE with Paris Hilton's song "Stars are blind". Very catchy. And despite seeing her nekked crotch on my new favorite celeb gossip blog D Listed, I still like it. And that's really saying something, b/c it was reeeealy nasty.

Well, I think that's it for now. Nothing too exciting...maybe next time I'll have something witty and clever for you. Not that you'd expect anything like that based on my past. Whatever.

No comments: