Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's a woman thing

I just ran 5 whole miles. Without stopping. I feel like a machine!!! My second toes hurt though, especially my left one. There is a big blister type thing on the tip of my toe. It's not pus filled or anything, but just skin that's rubbed off the underlying skin. Weird. And ugly.

Yesterday while Evelyn and I were at the mall, we stopped into Bath and Body Works. I wound up over by the makeup (surprise, surprise!) and this lady walked over to the mirror next to me and looked all flustered and frustrated as she checked out the lipstick she just put on. I looked at her, and she looked at me, obviously needing some help. She told me she wasn't sure about the color. She was black, and her skin color and the lipstick just didn't do much for her. So I told her that. I told her it was pretty color, but it kind of washed her out, and that I thougt she needed something with a little more red in it. She agreed with me and we started to look. Well, the "makeup artist" that was working there rushed up and started to get her a new color, but still telling her that the other color looked great on her. Of course she's going to say that--she wants the lady to buy that $25 tube of lipstick! Which is another thing this lady was concerned about. Anyway, she was thanking me for being so honest about the color, and I told her to go 4 stores down and hit up MAC--they have more than 8 colors, and for about half the price. Well, the "makeup artist" obviously was not happy about this little encounter. She still was insisting that both lipsticks looked great on her, but the lady just set everything down and said, "I can't do this today. Bye." She thanked me again, and I walked away, and as I turned back to see the "makeup artist", I saw she was talking to another employee and overheard her telling the other girl what had just happened, and how I lost the sale for them and how I butted in and blah blah blah. I don't really care. I could not stand idly by and let some pushy employee with bad makeup herself sell another woman ugly makeup. I just couldn't! I'll consider that my good deed of the day. :)

I made some yummy white chili tonite. Didn't turn out as thick since I forgot to buy whipping cream and subbed some whole milk I picked up at the gas station. Still tasty tho. Because I love you, I will share the recipe. I got it from my friend Miriam, who may have gotten it from my friend Shannon. I don't know who to credit, but thanks!

Creamy White Chili

Chicken, cubed
1 med. chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. garlic or 2 cloves
1 T veg. oil
2 cans GreatNorth. Beans (Navy beans), undrained
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
2 (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

1 C sour cream
1/2 C whipping cream

Saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until there is no pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 30 min. Remove from heat and add sour cream and cream.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I loved that makeup story.

And I think you should put up more cooking tips. I need them.