Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday=poopy

It finally feels like the semester is winding down. After Thanksgiving, which is in a week and a half---YEA!!!, I don't have clinical anymore, and other classes are randomly being cancelled. It's great. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's never been brighter!

I spent most of the weekend studying for my Pharm test tomorrow. I'm not too stressed about it....yet. Material is pretty easy this time around, at least I think so.

We chaperoned the dance on Saturday night. It was interesting, to say the least. There were probably 4 girls for every guy there. And the majority of the guys were from the city branch, which led to quite a mixture of kids. Nobody really danced, they just stood in cirlces on the dance floor and talked. Our first shift of gym duty, which was fun b/c you could hear the music and watch the kids, but then we were on door watch the rest of the time which was less than exciting. At least they had Cheetos, of which I ate more than my fair share. Oinker.

I think I scratched my left eyeball somehow b/c it is KILLING me. Top that off with the fact that I'm missing an entire box of my left contacts and the one I've been using is months old and our insurance won't cover another box (that in itself is another looong story) and you have me wearing my sexy specs for a few days. I've had these glasses for years, and they are crooked, despite many attempts at bending the frames to make them fit straight. Maybe if I just cock my head to the side all day nobody will notice. You think?

My little bro is coming for Thanksgiving, after much persuasion. He was being a poopsquirt about it, but I talked him into it, considering I'm not going home for Christmas and he's supposedly going on a mission, who knows when the next time I would see him.

After our test tomorrow, I have to spring into turbo cleaning mode. My MIL comes in on Thursday night and her room is less than livable right now. OK, fine. It's a disaster. Then she leaves on Monday morning and my parents come in Monday night. My mom, the ever observant, will notice if things aren't clean or put away. So, I have much to do.

Saturday night I had a pumpkin bake-fest. I made pumpkin cranberry bread, pumpkin dip, and pumpkin butter. Baking this bread is just proof once again that I'm not a baker. I mean, it's good, but honestly, it tastes just like every other loaf of quick bread I've ever made. Lemon-poppy seed bread, strawberry bread, applesauce bread, pumpkin bread--they all taste the same. What's the deal???? At least the dip and butter give it a different flavor. It's so sad, really, b/c I love to bake. But I can't make a decent chocolate chip cookie to save my life. And there are so many cute and yummy holiday cookies and cakes that I'm dying to make, but I know they'll go uneaten and wasted sitting on my microwave until I throw them away. I think I like the process of making it rather than eating it. Who knows.

Derrick suggested that I make a list for Santa. I hate making Christmas lists, b/c I think it defeats the purpose of being surprised on Christmas morning. I guess the surprise would be whether or not he actually read the list. I mean, if I tell him exactly what I want, I might as well go out and buy it myself, and get it sooner. It's all the same money, anyway. So, this year, I'm going to make a list so huge that I know I'll never get everything on it, and I guess the surprise will be what he decided to get. So, onto the list, in no particular order, except the order they come to mind, which may be a hint as to their importance to me. You be the judge.

Black mock-crock bag
Anything from MAC
Running clothes, especially sports bras. I don't care what color. Oh, and 34B.
NCLEX review book
Karaoke Revolution with headset
Dance Dance revolution with dance pads
Coalface from Lush
iTunes gift card
Anything from Old Navy
Cars DVD
Electronic Tuner (for my flute)
A to Z board game
Stereo for our living room
Escada Rockin' Rio perfume
Excitebike (NES)
Aventure Island (NES)
New Cookware
Food Processor
Spa Treatment
Boots, black or brown, with heels
A new left contact

Well, that's all I can think of for now. If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to update. :)

I think I've procrastinated studying long enough. Time to go face Monday. Ugh....

No comments: