Monday, January 15, 2007

I am shopper, hear me roar!

I always knew I was a shopping genius, but today I outdid myself.

I have an Old Navy giftcard leftover from Christmas totaling about 35 bucks. So, since I didn't have to work today I stopped by after dropping off some dry cleaning. There was tons of clearance, so I loaded up a cart and headed to the fitting rooms. I picked out some stuff, totaling about 20 bucks and checked out the racks one last time. Well, I read the fine print on the sale signs that were everywhre. "50% off Clearance. Discount taken at register." Score! I realized I now had to rethink my shopping strategy. I can get twice as much as I thought! Well, as I'm browsing, I see the same things I bought last week, except now they're half off!! Luckily for me, I had the receipt in my wallet. So I go up the registers and ask if I can get a price adjustment. "Not during this clearance sale," the so-called manager tells me. If you think I just accepted that answer and walked away, then you don't know me at all. I asked where exactly it said that, and he didn't really have an answer for me. He says he'll be right back. I wait. He comes back and says they'll do it for me. Victory! So I continue shopping and finally pick everything out and go check out. Well, I get $35 credit from my price adjustment!! All my purchases total $36, so I fork over a dollar bill and walk out with:

2 pair of pants
2 jackets
2 shirts
1 pair of socks

AND my $35 gift card still untouched in my wallet!! I left feeling fabulous. A "shopping high", if you will. Love it.

Anyway, head over to Old Navy while this sale is going on. Lots of good stuff.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I have to say, after that little venture, you are certainly the QUEEN. :-)

I am highly jealous! I can spend $35 on a pair of socks...

Samantha said...

Oh man you are making me feel JEALOUS. I wish so much that I could go there. I'm starting to need maternity stuff and the selection here is...ugly.

me :) said...

This is incredible.