Monday, January 15, 2007

I am shopper, hear me roar!

I always knew I was a shopping genius, but today I outdid myself.

I have an Old Navy giftcard leftover from Christmas totaling about 35 bucks. So, since I didn't have to work today I stopped by after dropping off some dry cleaning. There was tons of clearance, so I loaded up a cart and headed to the fitting rooms. I picked out some stuff, totaling about 20 bucks and checked out the racks one last time. Well, I read the fine print on the sale signs that were everywhre. "50% off Clearance. Discount taken at register." Score! I realized I now had to rethink my shopping strategy. I can get twice as much as I thought! Well, as I'm browsing, I see the same things I bought last week, except now they're half off!! Luckily for me, I had the receipt in my wallet. So I go up the registers and ask if I can get a price adjustment. "Not during this clearance sale," the so-called manager tells me. If you think I just accepted that answer and walked away, then you don't know me at all. I asked where exactly it said that, and he didn't really have an answer for me. He says he'll be right back. I wait. He comes back and says they'll do it for me. Victory! So I continue shopping and finally pick everything out and go check out. Well, I get $35 credit from my price adjustment!! All my purchases total $36, so I fork over a dollar bill and walk out with:

2 pair of pants
2 jackets
2 shirts
1 pair of socks

AND my $35 gift card still untouched in my wallet!! I left feeling fabulous. A "shopping high", if you will. Love it.

Anyway, head over to Old Navy while this sale is going on. Lots of good stuff.

4 comments:

Lara said...

I have to say, after that little venture, you are certainly the QUEEN. :-)

I am highly jealous! I can spend $35 on a pair of socks...

Samantha said...

Oh man you are making me feel JEALOUS. I wish so much that I could go there. I'm starting to need maternity stuff and the selection here is...ugly.

Marigold said...

This is incredible.

Donkey Shopper said...

The wetdonkey, eh? Sounds like you are a donkey shopper. What's a donkey shopper you may ask. A donkey shopper is a careful shopper. Donkey shopper would of done exactly same thing in your shoes. Donkey shopper is a wise shopper. Get your money worth! Donkey would of confronted that so-called manager just like you did. If they do not have their store policies written anywhere you have the right to the discount! Mr donkey is always on full shopping alert just like you. Here are some more thought's on being a wise shopper I (Mr Donkey) came up if you want to take a look...

Wise shopper donkey tips

The list will only grow...

Mr Donkey Says: Keep your donkey ears raised high and do not miss another oportunity for a deal!