Sunday, February 18, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Well, Derrick finally got home Thursday afternoon, and I finally got home from work at 11 pm so I finally got to see him! And guess what he brought back from Vegas?? A cold! Hooray. So now he's sick, and I'm almost out of the woods. Friday we were both exhausted and feeling gross so we just ordered pizza and stayed in. It was nice not to have to do anything.

Yesterday we had to get up early and clean the church and then we came home and slept for what felt like forever. Then it was time to get ready for the super secret surprise!! Just as we were getting ready to leave, he handed me a homemade valentine card (typing paper and a colored pencil...haha) with 2 tickets to the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra in it!!!!! I was soooo excited!! It was really cool--they had a giant screen above the orchestra playing The Wizard of Oz, and the orchestra played all of the musical score from the movie. Somehow they managed to get only the dialogue to play over the speakers. It was amazing. They were right on cue, you'd never know it wasn't music from the actual film. We had great seats, too. Derrick did a great job!!! A surprise and I loved it! We ate at the Cheesecake Factory before so it was a completely perfect night!

Well, I'm going to go make some blueberry muffins before church. It's a new recipe-if they're any good, I'll post the recipe! I'm surprised Derrick's not itching for pancakes, considering I went and bought ALL NINE BOTTLES of Golden Griddle from Piggly Wiggly the other day. I probably looked like a freak, it's the only thing I bought. Now I have no idea what to do with them. Under the bed is looking pretty good right about now...

No comments: