Saturday, May 26, 2007

She's crafty, she gets around

Yesterday we went up to Port Washington. Since we've never been there and Derrick only had a half day of work and the weather was decent so we decided to go. It's a pretty neat town. The weather was beautiful and we just walked around for a bit, and I took a bunch of pictures. I wish I was a better photographer. I wish I had a better camera. I wish a lot of things. Still, it was fun to just goof around. Here are some pics that I liked.








We stopped at Bayshore on the way home, b/c Derrick had to get fitted for a tux for a wedding next month. His best friend and his ex-girlfriend. Interesting situation. Oh, soaps at Bath and Body Works are 5 for 10!!! Time to stock up! They have new flavors-Pineapple, Peach...they smell yummy and I can't wait to use them!

Last night Derrick fell asleep at like 9, and I decided I would start sewing the apron I bought fabric for the other day. It's not perfect, far from it, actually, but it LOOKS like an apron, which I'm pretty stoked about. Check it out:



Not bad...right? Next I should start on the T-Shirt quilt that I've been wanting to make. We have a ton of old T-Shirts that the pack rat in my can't throw out. I can't help it, I attached emotions and memories to stupid things like T-Shirts. So I decided to make a quilt out of all of them, and then we can keep them and use them. I'm very nervous about making this, as this will be the biggest sewing endeavor I have yet to attempt. Yikes!

I found a new blog,
Passive Aggressive Notes. It's pretty funny. I wish I had known about this site when I was working at HK. I saw my fair share of passive aggressive notes around that office!

Okie dokie smokie...I think we're headed to see TMNT at the dollar theater. I figure it's worth a couple bucks, right? I saw the original in the theater 4 times when I was in 5th grade. Love them turtles!

2 comments:

josieposie said...

where are the pictures? they don't show up.

amy said...

that was gonna be my comment