Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's Tuesday

In case you lost sleep wondering, my hair looks ok. Thanks for your concern.

After work today I went to the movies. By myself. Because someone, whose name rhymes with Rosie Clown, bailed on me. I saw In the Land of Women. It was pretty good, worth a buck. I guess I have never really seen Adam Brody in anything, I never watched The O.C., so I never realized how ADORABLE he is. Where were my friends when The O.C. was on and I wasn't watching it??? Time to rent the DVDs. I love him. I couldn't stop looking at Meg Ryan's nasty collagen lips. Gross. Trout pout. Ew.

Take a look at this awesome purchase I made today.



How I've managed to live without a baseball glove since I've been married to Derrick is beyond me. But now I have one of my very own to use at the beach out on the lawn. And of course, it's pink. The best part. You didn't expect anything less, did you???

I'm halway watching "Age of Love," which was on Monday night. I don't think I'll keep watching it. It's kind of lame. Plus, he's not that cute--who's even heard of Mark Philippoussis anyway?

Did I mention I started reading The Grapes of Wrath? I'm only 7 chapters in, but it's sooooo hard to get through. It's written in slang language of the time, and I'm just not feeling it. I hate to give up on a book, but this one might have to retire back to the shelf. My friend lent me "My Sister's Keeper" which I've heard is pretty good, so I think I'll start that.

The doctor's not going into the office tomorrow. Instead, he is going to the baseball game. So that means a long day of nothing. I should take the DVD player and watch some movies. I wish I had that thing that transfers your Tivo'd shows onto a DVD. Since he's not coming in, we're not seeing patients, I'm wearing jeans. Take that.

Well, I have random projects to do, plus watch "On the Lot." Great show. Check it out.

6 comments:

Silvs said...

That glove will become so important to you when you go to the beach next week. That is a favorite past time of mine at the beach. I actually started reading another Steinback work, East of Eden, and had a similar kind of difficulty getting through it. I, too, have a love affair with Adam Brody and it actually comes from his time on the OC. I think we're the same person sometimes.

Silvs said...

You and me. Not me and Adam. That's what I meant.

josieposie said...

WOW. Now that was harsh. It's not I who bailed, it's my freaking husband's fault. Adam Brody, aka Seth Cohen. I think that's where Eric picked up on that name for baby #2. We used to watch that show and laugh about how they portrayed the OC. Especially how all of the pictures of the scenery were taken of LA and not OC. What a sham. He is adorable though. Get rid of Grapes of Wrath, who do you think you are...Oprah. Stick with the filthy novels for the summer.

josieposie said...

p.s. "Silvs" do you have a crush on karen?

Unknown said...

Josie, please. Who DOESN'T have a crush on me??? It's only natural...

Silvs said...

Oh absolutely. I've never met her, but if she's anything like her blog, then she's my favorite. But don't make it weird. We're blogging buddies.