Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Home at last!

Well, the rest of our trip in Utah was great. Saturday we hit up Beto's for a breakfast burrito. Unlike Cafe Rio, Beto's hasn't changed a bit. Well, except the name: now Rancherito's. Lame. But still deliciously greasy, heavy, and stuffed. Yum.

We headed over to the game and checked out the tailgate stuff and my personal fave, the Cougar Marching Band! Yay! A little "When the Saints go Marching In" and the fight song and we were ready to find our seats. They were the last row in the north endzone. Let me tell you, there are about a million steps to get up there. On top of the dozens of roundy ramps you have to hike to GET TO the stairs. Going up and down to fetch drinks was killer, and I sure felt it in my legs the next day. Sad, but true. We were in the scorching sun the WHOLE game, sitting next to not very slim, and not very good smelling people. Not pleasant aromas up there. But, the game was fabulous. BYU won, and even though it wasn't a shutout, it was really fun. Really fun to be back on campus, fun to be at a game, fun to see all the kids in their mini cheerleading and football player outfits. Too cute. Ty Detmer's jersey was retired, and I'm almost certain Derrick sprung a tear watching it. He loves that guy. Like, really loves him.

After the game, we went to a pizza place Scoot loves then we saw License to Wed at the dollar theater. It was decently funny. Mandy Moore is cute. Of course, I made the guys take me to Provo FroYo. Cheap and good.

Turns out, Maria and Skyler were in Utah too! So on Sunday, we met them up in Alpine at Skyler's sister's house and had dinner with their family and hung out and played outside. It was really fun. We played Skyball, which consists of Skyler throwing a nerf football as high as he can and the kids and I try to catch it "for cash and prizes," which turns out to be Wendy's gift certificates. I did not catch a single one. Frowny face. Then there was the dunking contest. Always a good time. I also got to meet Tanner, who is just as cute in person as he is in pictures. What a charmer!

We took the Alpine Loop, which was beautiful. The Aspens were sooo cool! I took a ton of pictures. Ridiculous amounts, really. A nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Monday we left. After a layover in Denver, and me almost dying of starvation, (which is beyond me since I ate enough the past 10 days to last me a year) we made it back to Milwaukee. Minus our bags. Great. So we went home without them, but with two $25 Midwest vouchers. Cheapos. This wouldn't have been such a big deal if I didn't have to take my graduation composite pictures the next day. All of my hair and makeup stuff in somewhere in between here and Salt Lake. My hair is filthy, but I can't wash it b/c I don't have my blow dryer. I have a monster zit on my face that I can't cover b/c my arsenal of concealer is missing. Somehow I manager to scrape up some old mineral makeup and eye shadows, borrow an eyelash curler, throw some baby powder in my roots, and look presentable enough to leave the house for the first day of school. Now I just have to wait to get the proofs back and see just how bad they are.

Time for a nap!

1 comment:

josiejean said...

BYU SUCKS!!! Alpine loop rocks! Losing bags blows. More school - lame. Did I mention that BYU sucks?