Friday, October 12, 2007

C is for Cheapskate

I feel like my life has been consumed with going to and scheduling interviews. I had three this week, which resulted in two informal offers. I have two more lined up for the coming weeks, which I really hope go well. So far, so good though. It's nice to know I have at least one offer if nothing else comes up. Reassuring.

This past week was mostly spent doing more group work. Lame.

It's gotten cold this week. About 50 dees-grees today. Brr. I think Summer is long since gone. So sad.

I've always been a bargain shopper. Cheap, if you will. I have a hard time paying a lot of money for something I know I can get cheaper somewhere else, or make myself. I realized this even more today while I was at "Dollar Deals". I didn't know this when I went in, but apparently everything is not a dollar, but a buck twenty-five. I had a basket of things, and when I found out it was a quarter more, I put it all back. Can you believe that??? Hey, a quarter's a quarter! So I went to the Dollar Tree, my preferred dollar store, instead. One day I'll be living in a mansion on Newport Beach and I'll still be shopping at the Dollar Store. Embrace it, baby!

This week was so busy, I didn't have any time to catch up on TiVo. I literally have a dozen hours worth to watch. I was supposed to work today, but that got canceled, so now I am catchin' up. The TV gods are looking out for me! Hooray!

I've officially gotten sucked into the Twilight drama. Every single person I know is reading it or has read it, I swear. I'll tell you what though, I'm only 187 pages in and I've already fallen in love with Edward! I wish there were more hours in a day, or more of me, b/c all I want to do is watch TV, read Twilight, or sew. But I can't do them all at the same time! Tragic!

My mother in law and her new "boyfriend" flew in last night to visit us. They left this morning, so essentially they flew in for dinner. It was nice to meet him--he's very nice, super smart, and a handsome man. He's a great catch for her! They are flying around the country, making the rounds and meeting all of the kids. Sounds serious, eh? It was fun to hang out with them, even if it was only for a few hours.

Time to eat candy corn!!! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I hope you bought "New Moon" and "Eclipse" as well...because you're gonna want to read them the SECOND you finish Twilight! It's like some addictive drug. I even neglected my five-month old for two hours while I finished it! I'm a horrible mother!

And yes, I would let Edward turn me into a vampire. :-) Have you seen her website? She loves the very delicious Henry Cavill for Edward. Mmmmmm. :-)