Thursday, March 27, 2008

McRest in McPeace

Let's all take a moment of silence for Herb Peterson, inventor of the Egg McMuffin, who died today. Is there anyone else in the history of food who has done more for civilization? Julia Child? No. Emeril Lagasse? No. Not even my beloved Alton Brown. The Egg McMuffin has always been there for me. Early morning road trips. Early morning break ups. Lazy Saturday mornings. Of course, they used to be 2 for $2, back when I was a kid. When we had to walk to our McDonald's uphill in the snow both ways.

For Herb, and for me, have an Egg McMuffin this week.

3 comments:

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

hmmmm, i've never had an egg mcmuffin! am i missing out on something? i tend to steer clear of fast food stuff unless it's french fries or a drink. glad to hear your heart is so BIG now! touching post.

Dave said...

I'll take my 40oz. bottle of soft serve ice cream and pour out a lil' for my fallen homie.