Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween

So we managed to scrape up some respectable costumes and head to a Halloween Party. We did a little bobbing for apples where Derrick got 2nd place. All those days of practicing paid off.



Derrick was Ty Detmer and I was a magic 8 ball. Surprisingly enough, Derrick has never been Ty for Halloween before. Shocking, I know.

Friday afternoon I realized we had not carved a pumpkin NOR had our traditional dinner in a pumpkin. I called Derrick at work, frantic, and asked him where we had gone wrong this year. I was really bummed out! He came home from work early and we carved our pumpkin. No dinner in a pumpkin this year, though. Next year, next year...



So, overall, not a bad Halloween. Except for.....

when I got in the car and turned on the radio, what do I hear?? Christmas music! Oct. 31st!!! Isn't that a titch early?? Usually it doesn't start until Nov. 1st around here. But Halloween??? That a little ridiculous. But did I turn it off? No. I only allow myself to listen to it on my way to work, to help me get in a good mood. If I keep listening, I get way too burnt out on it by the time Christmas is actually here, and who wants to be grumpy at Christmas music?? Nobody.

I worked this weekend, and everyone brought in their kids' candy, and my diet the past 2 days has consisted solely on tootsie rolls, skittles, milk duds, and milky way midnights. On an unrelated note, I had the biggest tummyache all weekend. I don't know why...

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Not surprisingly, you look like you're one of those girls who only looks pregnant from the side! You are teeny and cute. You're in your last trimester! Congrats!! SO soon!!

Melissa and Trevor said...

cute costume karen.