Thursday, December 04, 2008

Catch up

What is wrong with me? I've been such a blog slacker.

Thanksgiving was great. We headed down to TX on Wednesday and were greeted with 75 degree weather. It. Was. Awesome. It stayed like that the whole time we were there, too. Of course, we flew back home on Sunday into a snowstorm with temps in the 20's. Lovely.

Dinner Thursday was, of course, delicious. Lots of family came and I ate and ate and ate. Then I was so uncomfortable from being so full. And fat. Darn those sweet potatoes. They do me in every time. I just can't stop myself from eating 6 servings of them.

Friday morning we woke up at 4 and headed out to shop. We hit up Walmart, Target, and Kohl's. I don't think I bought anything. In fact, I never do on Black Friday. But I still like to go and see the crowds and be part of the craziness. Mostly I go so we can go out to breakfast afterwards. After a long morning nap, we headed out in the afternoon to do some more shopping, and hit up Sonic! We only made it there twice, which is shameful for a 4 day trip. Next time I'll do better, I promise.

Saturday we headed up to Natural Bridge, where we took a tour of these crazy underground caves. It was HOT inside, and 99% humidity. It was a long walk down, which meant a long walk back UP. And it was STEEP. My poor pregnant body was struggling at the end. And my poor hair. Despite my huffing and puffing, they were still really cool.



On the way home we stopped at a park where we used to go when I was a little kid. We used to ride the train around the park, and we decided to ride it again. I'm pretty sure the same conductor was working that day as when I was a kid. It was fun, even though the seats were super hard and the wind was a little chilly.



Back at home, unbeknownst to me, my mom had planned a surprise baby shower for me, so my aunts and cousins all came over and we ate and played games and opened presents. It was lots of fun, and then we were onto the task of packing all the extra stuff we had accumulated over the past couple days. Good thing we brought an extra bag just in case!!


(My adorable cousin Jessica and a handful of clothespins from a game we played. She was a baby shower game superstar! That's her daughter in the background)


Who's due first? Me or my dad???

It was a great trip, with lots of good food, family, and weather. What more could you ask for??

No comments: