Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My baby turned ONE!

Seriously? One??? I cannot believe how fast this year went by. We had another birthday party here at home with all of her little friends. We had a great time and she was spoiled, again!

zDSC_5632

I made her a fishy cake…

zDSC_5646

…which she loved!

zDSC_5662

She loved sitting in her little birthday “throne” and being the center of attention.

zDSC_5640

She has become quite expert at opening and unwrapping presents. She just digs right in!

zDSC_5704

Grandpa Romesburg really wanted to take her sledding, but it was just too darn cold. So he compromised and took her for a spin in her new baby sled around the house. She’s not quite sure what to make of it yet…

zDSC_5729

If I look like an empty shell of a person, well, it’s because I was. I have since learned to have all party preparations finished BEFORE Christmas and New Year’s. January 2nd just creeps up on you! With a New Year’s Day dinner with our friends and multiple house projects going on at the same time I just didn’t get to do everything I wanted to for her birthday. And I was exhausted.  Oh well…there’s always next year, right??

zDSC_5689

Summer had her one year appointment on Monday. She’s as healthy as an ox, and almost as chunky as one!

Weight: 18 lb 5 oz, 10% (movin’ up!)

Length: 27.25”, 6%

Heed: 45.2 cm, 54%

So, she’s still a petite little thing, but she’s a solid petite little thing. She’s one of the happiest babies I know, and has yet to show any signs of stranger anxiety (knock on wood!) She sleeps 12-14 hours at night and takes a morning and afternoon nap. She eats anything and everything, and will often try to shove everything on her tray into her mouth at once. In one week she’s increased her toy amount about ten-fold, and her favorites so far seem to be her new tea set (thanks Madie!) and a wooden puzzle (thanks Great Grandma R.!) She also loves to ride her little riding/walking toy from G & G Romesburg.

zDSC_5581

Yesterday she FINALLY learned how to sit up on her bum from laying on her stomach. You don’t know how happy this makes me, as I was sick of having to “rescue” her from her belly. She now gets up on all fours then leans back until she’s sitting. Which means crawling is not far off!

She loves to clap and wave and drink from a straw. We started whole milk yesterday and she’s not quite sure she likes it yet.

Her favorite times of day are still mealtime and bath time.

zDSC_5746

  (Bath at Great Grandma Romesburg’s….with the same Pilsbury Doughboy I played with as a kid!)zDSC_5316

And just because I can, here is a year’s worth of pictures recapping our sweet little girl’s life. We just adore her and can’t imagine our lives without her. She’s pure entertainment for us and we’re excited for another year!

birthday_edited-1

summer one month_edited-1

Summer 2 months

DSC_0546 copy

ADSC_0010 copy

DSC_0080 copy

zDSC_1884 copy

zDSC_2414

zDSC_2831 copy

bDSC_3906

aDSC_4251

zDSC_5064           zDSC_5631

13 comments:

Patten Family said...

Summer, you look just like Derrick and Karen. We love you!

DeAnn said...

What a doll. Congrats!!

Amy North said...

Karen, i can't believe she's 1 already! She is such a doll-baby, I love it. I LOVE the pictures. :)

Ashley C. said...

what a cutie! happy birthday summer!!!

Lara said...

She's a cutie! I love how you've documented her life. She will truly appreciate it someday.

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday Summer! She really is so so cute!

Very cute cake too.

Lee Anne said...

She is so adorable--Happy Birthday Summer!

Ligia said...

what a cutie! and with the brightest baby blues I've seen. Looks like a fun time for the fam!

Nikki said...

K...I hope I NEVER have a girl because I will always wish that she was as good and cute as Summer. Seriously. What a DOLL! I cannot get enough. Her smile and her wide open mouth. I love that she is so happy all the time, that's so great. She has grown up so fast!

Melissa said...

Congrats on making it thru the first year! Happy Birthday Summer! I love all the pictures of her- especially the one of her in the tub with your toy! So, so cute! And her 1 year picture- she looks so big! Love her teeth! Sure wish we lived closer to each other so my little Collin could grow up with her and maybe date her someday ;)

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

She is the cutest! Happy Birthday, Summer!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE "HEED" COMMENT. A shout out to Mike Myers...only you would think to put that Karen...genius

--Branbury

Maria said...

Happy belated birthday Summer. 18 lbs? Seriously? I think my boys reached that weight by 4 months. What a cute little thing. I love her huge smiles, you must be doing a great job with her.