Sunday, April 25, 2010

A much needed break

This past week was rough. Summer wasn’t feeling very good-runny nose, cough, I think some teeth coming in, and was just very whiny and needy. Add in a changing nap schedule and you have one frazzled, frustrated mama. I tried to remember that she probably wasn’t feeling very good and to be more patient, but day after day of whining and Derrick at school half the week and I was ready to sell her to the highest bidder. I was feeling like a crappy mom, really.

Well, yesterday a sweet girl in our ward watched Summer ALL DAY for us while we went down to Chicago to the temple, then to dinner at one of our favorites, Wildifre, and then to IKEA. It was so great to get away and spend time with Derrick and not worry about taking care of a little person. By the time we were driving home I was missing her and I felt refreshed and ready to take on another week. Sometimes we mom’s just need a break, am I right or am I right??

And speaking of the little squirt, she has learned to walk this week! Just last Sunday we were walking the halls at church and she had to hold on to our finger. The next day—BAM! On her own cruising around. Now she’s practically running. She still falls a lot, but she’s getting more and more stable. She can’t stand up on her own without a wall or chair or something to help her up yet, but I’m sure that’s not far behind. It’s so funny to me to see something so short and small walk around.

No pictures today. I know, boo. Hopefully this week I’ll have something more exciting to blog about. I have a few new favorite things, maybe I’ll do a post about those. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Yes it is amazing how just a day off can really make everything so much better again.
And don't feel bad we all have days were we want to sell our kids :)