Thursday, July 15, 2010

18 months!

I know I’m a couple weeks late posting this but she just had her checkup and I wanted to include her latest stats.

zDSC_8092

It’s hard for me to believe that my little girl is just that…a little girl! She is getting to be so independent and knows exactly what she wants. And if she doesn’t get it, well, you better watch out! Still, she is very sweet and gives lots of hugs and kisses and loves to sign “please” when she does want something.

She can say about 20 words, the most common of which is “no”, of course. But she says it so sweetly and cocks her head to the side when she says it. She can also say eyes, fish, milk (sounds like gilk), all gone, wall, outside, bus, pool, and knows all her body parts. She loves to give high fives and knuckles, which she learned from her dad.

She is NOT a fan of animals, which just verifies that she is indeed our child. She hated my parents’ cat, and she doesn’t like our neighbors’ dogs. She loves to look at pictures of the “ows” and “oofs”, but the real thing? Forget it.

She still takes 2 naps most days, which I am eternally grateful for. She usually sleeps from 7-7 every night, but has been sleeping in until 8 lately, which of course, I love. I think she’s been going through a growth spurt because she’s been sleeping a ton lately.

She’s still a good eater, and will eat pretty much anything. She loves tomatoes, which neither I nor Derrick like. She loves watermelon and grapes and Cheerios and cheese and anything made of noodles.

She still looooves her dad and constantly asks for him throughout the day. And when he finally does get home it’s the best part of her day. And I’m sure his.

She has gotten so much more active and busy and definitely keeps me on my toes and makes me really think about whether or not I want to leave something so close to the edge of a table or counter. Because she will reach it! She also loves to help throw things away, and will put any little piece of garbage she finds on the floor into the garbage can. Once we even found Derrick’s cell phone in the garbage, but that’s been the only near miss so far! She will also put her shoes away where they belong. I’ve been waiting for this helping stage for a long time! 

Stats:

Weight: 23 lb 6 oz, 34% (highest yet!)

Length: 30.5”, 17% (again, highest yet!)

So she is starting to catch up a little bit. She may be small, but she’s got rolls for days and is definitely not starving!

We love her to bits and she is just so fun to have around!

zDSC_8081

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've said it [more than] once and I'll say it again: She is so stinkin' adorable! Cutest 18 month old EvEr!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Erin saw her pic and said, "She's a big girl now? How'd she get so big?" She does look a lot older in these pics then and beautiful as always! Happy 1.5, Summer! :)