Monday, October 11, 2010

2 months!

My sweet baby was 2 months old yesterday on 10-10-10!

zDSC_9494

She is still so snuggly and little, and I absolutely love it. She still sleeps most of the day, and when she is awake she is content to look around and check things out. As long as she has her pacifier, or “fi-er”, as Summer calls it.

At her doctor’s appointment today she was 9 lb 13.5 oz (24%) and 22.25” (45%). She is skinnier and taller than Summer was at 2 months. Not sure where’s she’s getting her length, but I love it! She hated getting her shots today but has slept like a rock all afternoon since.

She goes to bed around between 7 and 8 pm and sleeps until around 2 or 3 and wakes up to eat, then sleeps until 5 or 6 to eat again. Then sometimes she’s sleep another good 3 hours and sometimes just one. We moved her out of our bedroom 2 weeks ago and it’s been bliss ever since for me. I think we’re all sleeping better. I mean, I love the girl, but I don’t need to hear her every peep and grunt.

She’s smiled at me just a handful of times, but it’s so adorable. I can’t wait until I get them on a regular basis. Baby smiles are Mom Currency for all the diaper changes and feedings and sleepless nights, and this mama needs a steady paycheck!

zDSC_9299 

I’m most impressed with myself for keeping her alive and in one piece despite her sister’s best attempts at breaking her. Last week while at Wal-Mart, Hannah’s car seat was in the basket of the shopping cart and Summer was sitting up top. I turn my back for 2 seconds and Summer stood up and fell backwards into Hannah’s car seat. Poor Hannah started crying immediately, Summer was a little stunned, and the next day Hannah sported her first little black eye from taking an elbow to it. Poor thing.

It’s been a great two months with our sweet Hannah! I can’t stop kissing those cheeks and giving her little squeezes!

4 comments:

lanni said...

oh she is so cute! glad to hear you've been successful in keeping summer from breaking her. i swear that your second child is 100 times more durable than your first.

when dane was almost 3 weeks old, he was in his car seat and we were about to run out the door and i had set him in the hall (in my view, but not within my reach) so i could pee quick. and max was like 2 rooms away -- somehow he always knew when the opportunity arose... max came barreling down the hall with a plastic hammer, yelled "BANG BANG BANG!" whilst hammering dane in the head.

yes, my 3 week old baby had a huge bruise on his forehead. i felt like mother of the year -- what was i thinking, that i could pee on the clock?

Miranda said...

I can't believe she's two months already! Time sure does fly. So cute!

Sarah said...

I can't believe 2 months has gone by already! Karen you are an amazing mom for juggling 2 kids at the stores. It's such a task and not an easy one at all. Hannah is so precious and really you and Derrick are such amazing parents.

Melissa said...

She is so, so cute! I love her smile :)