Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pullover? No, it’s a cardigan!

Is there anything worse than seeing a cop in your rearview mirror? Yes, yes there is. Seeing a cop in your rearview mirror with his lights on.

I got a speeding ticket on Monday. I hate getting caught. Thing is, I wasn’t even conscientiously speeding! I was just cruising along, going with the flow, jamming out to the JB, debating whether or not to stop at the grocery store and pick up something for dinner or go with what I originally had planned but was not sounding good to me anymore.

Apparently I was going 54 in a 35, but I could see the 45 sign just ahead where it would change. Grr. Since I was caught by a town cop or something like that it was a cheaper ticket. Either way, I have a court date and 4 points on my license. Which brings my total up to 8 or something like that. Ridiculous!!!

I’ve had terrible driving luck since moving to WI. Popped tire, ticket for a U-turn, accident on the freeway, accident in my driveway. I swear I’m not a bad driver, but my record would say otherwise.

Well, mark my words, folks, from this day forward I will never get another ticket for the rest of my life!!! I’m sick of going to traffic court and wondering if I should plead not guilty or no contest, I’m sick of paying for tickets, and I’m sick of that feeling you get when you get pulled over.

This is going to be hard, no doubt. I really like to drive fast. :/

6 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

If it is in the falls, I would recommended going to court.
Nick

AnnP said...

Maybe you should stop jamming out to JB. That might help.

Lee Anne said...

I got stopped for speeding one day when I also had my girls in the car. Same as you...I wasn't intentionally speeding, just enjoying the drive, so to speak. He let me go but I had to listen to a long lecture on how I'm endangering my kids' lives. Thanks for the guilt officer. I think I'd rather have the ticket.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Hmmmm....after that thrilling ride home a few weeks ago---60-something in a 45 MPH zone, I can not say I am surprised, shocked or bewildered! ;D


Patty

Daniel Smith said...

Ahahaha! Nice title! I hope I'm not the only one that got that reference!

Miranda said...

Remember when I was with you after a concert and you got pulled over because you were going down the wrong side of the road? The police man didn't give you a ticket because he said he'd have to arrest you. I think he must have thought we were drunk or something. Good times.