Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Elmo!

The weekend after Thanksgiving we decided last minute to take the girls to see Sesame Street Live. We didn’t tell Summer until the morning of the show and she was pretty excited. I was worried that she would be scared, since she’s afraid of mascots (whose child is this again??) but since none ever got close to us we were in the clear. She loved it and sat mesmerized the entire time. Hannah, on the other hand, was just a wiggly little worm. She did ok for the first half but the second half I spent with her climbing up the Bradley Center stairs then taking her to the bottom to climb up again. And again. And again.

DSC_4015

DSC_4024 DSC_4020 DSC_4045 Yes, I got suckered into buying a $10 Elmo balloon. We’re gettin’ on towards lunch and naptime, hence the no smile.

DSC_4048 It was a really cute show and I’m glad we went. It was during this show that I realized my favorite characters are The Count and Grover. The Count because I love the play on words with his name and Grover (mostly Super Grover I guess) because he’s just so clueless and makes funny jokes that kids don’t really get. I know a lot of people bag on Sesame Street because of the cheesy characters these days but it’s a pretty good show I think, and pretty educational. It’s really the only TV show we watch. And I’m OK with that.

I love little outings like this with my family.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks like you had a great time! $10 balloon?!?! What is that thing filled with? Glad you got to go!

Bob's Blog said...

Gosh! Elmo is everywhere! It seems he was just visiting us in Japan a day before he was in Wisconsin-haha.