Sunday, April 15, 2012

Robot shower

Last month I threw a baby shower with my friends Jessica and Martha for our friend Laura. She’s decorating her nursery with a robot theme in orange, gray, and teal. So adorable. She must be a trendsetter because there is NOT MUCH out there in terms of robot baby shower stuff. I Googled, Pinterested (is that a word??), but nothing. So, I’m very proud of us because everything we did for the shower we pretty much came up with in our OWN BRAINS. That hardly ever happens for me. I can copy with the best of them, but coming up with original ideas is where I hit a wall.

I bought some robot clip art jpegs on Etsy and used Photoshop to make little signs. I just printed them out as a 4x6 photo and put them in clear stand up frames. DSC_5634DSC_5636DSC_5638DSC_5635DSC_5642

I found robot cardstock cutouts at Michael’s, spray painted them, and strung them on some ribbon with mini binder clips.

DSC_5637

Martha made an adorable fruit platter shaped like a robot, and Jess made color coordinating Jell-O cups. Too cute.

DSC_5639DSC_5647She got some really adorable gifts, including this hand pieced and sewn robot wall hanging from our super crafty friend Kathy.

DSC_5664DSC_5679It was a really fun night with some really fun girls. Now we are just waiting for that little boy to make his appearance!! 

No comments: