This little firecracker turned 4 even though I willed her to stay 3 and small and little and sweet. Now she is 4, and she thinks she can do anything and everything. 3 sounds little and toddlerish, and 4 just sounds old. I can’t have a 4-year-old!
Since I knew I was going to be super pregnant or even with a newborn, I took the easy way out this year and had her birthday party at McDonald’s on the 29th. Best. Decision. Ever. Cheap, no clean up, food and cake provided, and plenty of entertainment for the kids. All 11 of them. She had a great time with all her little friends.
On her actual birthday, we took her to The Big Backyard, an indoor playground with a big playset and lots of riding toys. Both girls had a blast going down slides and running around. For lunch she wanted “something special” and decided on Chili’s. No complaints here! Derrick was sickly and slept all day but did meet us for lunch. She was treated like a birthday queen and even got her own little brownie sundae and all the servers sang to her. She loved it.
She requested eggs for dinner (random!) and then we had a little family party and opened presents and had cake and ice cream with Ann & Katie. She wanted a rainbow star cake, which thankfully she loved, since I made it up as I went along. (In case you need to make a star shaped cake with no star shaped pan, check out this tutorial. Very handy!)
Admittedly, I had a hard time that day. A combination of pregnancy hormones, my baby turning 4, and a house full of sick people (EVERYONE except ME, thankfully) finally took their toll on me and I had a complete meltdown. And then another one day when my little girl started Primary! She is growing up too quickly for my liking!
I interviewed her with the same questions I asked her last year:
1. What is your favorite color? purple & pink
2. What is your favorite toy? nail polish
3. What is your favorite fruit? grapes & apples & oranges
4. What is your favorite tv show? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & Doc McStuffins
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? turkey sandwich
6. What is your favorite outfit? new one from Aunt Linda
7. What is your favorite game? Hi Ho Cherry-O
8. What is your favorite snack? fishy crackers
9. What is your favorite animal? zebras
10. What is your favorite song? ABC’s
11. What is your favorite book? Wizard of Oz
12. Who is your best friend? Jocelyn
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play in the snow
15. What is your favorite drink? juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Rainbow Dash
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? mini-wheats
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mac n Cheese
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? sled puller
We sure do love you, Summer!