Monday, March 25, 2013

Tessa’s blessing weekend

zDSC_1390Last weekend we blessed Tessa at church. My parents flew in for the weekend as well as the fabulous Whitney all the way from Seattle. The lovely Sarah drove up from IL, and since we had those two together again we had ourselves a girls night with all our besties at the Cheesecake Factory. It was tons of fun to chat and catch up with everyone. Even better were my amazing parents who took all 3 girls to Culver’s so I was child free!! zphotoWe pretty much spent the whole weekend eating…not so good for my plan to drop this baby weight, but so delicious! I stayed up waaay too late every night talking to Whitney, who was still on west coast time. So good to talk to her about any and everything, just like old times. Sure do miss that girl!

Derrick gave a very sweet blessing, accompanied by my dad, Matt Vanderpool, Mike Spencer, and Greg Patten. Tessa didn’t make a peep during the blessing, and threw up a field goal sign when she was done. Someone should have gotten Derrick and my dad a stool! Look at these giants! This picture makes me laugh. zDSC_1426

This, believe it or not, was the best family picture we got that day. None of the girls smiling, but at least 2 aren’t crying. zDSC_1356 Bad job posing on my part. Should have had my mom sit back a little…no she is not 6” taller than my dad. HahazDSC_1366It was so fun to spend time with these girls. They are some of my absolute favorite! And my girls were completely obsessed with Whitney. They still talk about her and wish she were here. So do I! zDSC_1428 Monday my mom, Whitney and I all went and got pedicures to finish out the weekend. It was sad to see everyone go, but we all had a great time together. The only thing that could have made it complete is if Grandma Callister could have come out too!zDSC_1442 Tessa’s still a dream, and we are so in love with her. I can’t think of one thing to complain about with her! Keep it up, little sister!

2 comments:

Patten Family said...

Man your family is gorgeous (except for D of course, lol jk). I cannot believe how equally cute all three of your kids are, yet, they all look so different! If you ever get a little boy in your family he is going to be a STUD for sure. Hugs, see you soon!

Becky said...

These pictures were so fun to see. I will probably always think of you on St. Patty's Day because your rainbow cake is unforgettable. You had a great turnout for Tessa's blessing and she, as always, looks like the angel you say she is.