Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer’s first day of pre-kindergarten!

aDSC_3690We debated long and hard about whether or not to send Summer to 4 year old kindergarten. Part of me wanted to keep her home and have fun since once she goes to school she never really stops! The other part of me knew she was ready and would love it. And that she would need an easier transition to ALL DAY kindergarten next year. 4K is only half day, every day. I would have preferred 3 times a week, but let’s be honest, we are both loving it so far. :) I drop her off every morning and she takes a little 4K only bus home in the afternoon. She loves it. I love not having to wake up Tessa from her nap to go pick her up. She comes home every day excited to tell me everything she did. She also comes home tired and cranky! If she takes a nap she doesn’t fall asleep at night until well after 9, but if she doesn’t take a nap she’s crabbier than crabby. So I don’t know what’s worse. We’re still working out the kinks.

Either way, for her first day of school she requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast so I got up early and made them for her. She got the special red plate and made sure to tell me multiple times a day that it was her “special day”. IMG_0901aDSC_3710aDSC_3717Derrick went to work a little late so that we could all drop her off for her first day. She found her friend Ellie who is in her class, and I gave her a big hug and told her to have fun as I choked back the tears, and then she walked in with Ellie like she had been doing it all her life. Didn’t even look back. And then I sobbed. My baby was no longer a baby. I prayed that we had taught her enough. That we taught her to be a good and kind person. To always choose the right. Sure do love that girl!aIMG_0918 Hannah seemed a little lost at first without Summer. I mean, who would she fight with all morning?? It didn’t take her long, though, to figure out having the rule of the roost was very suiting to her! Still, we were anxious to greet her bus later that afternoon!IMG_0924Safe to say they were happy to see each other! Don’t worry, the fighting started approximately 45 seconds after this. September 2013I think we’re going to like this arrangement. I’ve been so productive while she’s at school. And going to the store with only 2 kids is almost as amazing as going with none! Hopefully she continues to love it as much as we do!

No comments: