Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The 90's

I’ve always loved 80’s music. Even though I was born in ‘81 and didn’t really get to fully appreciate them when it was new, I’ve more than made up for lost time. I went on a huge 80’s music downloading spree in college, and with the invention of satellite radio and Pandora, an 80’s playlist is high on my list of stations.
Lately, however, I’ve been on a 90’s radio kick. We got a free trial of Sirius XM radio when we bought our van last year and we looooved it.  No commercials, great stations, Derrick can even listen to BYU radio and hear games if we are traveling. Well, we got a free 2 week trial this month and a great rate to subscribe again so we did it. And I find myself listening to more 90’s than 80’s lately. There’s something nostalgic about hearing the songs I listened to in high school. High school was an easy time. I mean, you didn’t really have much to worry about. You go to school. You do your homework. You go to band practice. You go to your part time job at Old Navy. Your biggest concerns were what color your prom dress was going to be and what you were going to do on your date with your boyfriend that weekend. Life was good, and there was an awesomely good and bad soundtrack for it.
The best part about these stations? They play songs you never in your life would have ever thought of again for the rest of your life. But you loved it. And you can still sing along to all the words.
Or am I just a freak???

I leave you with this gem I heard the other day. I love the 90’s!




1 comment:

Silvs said...

Hahahahahah! Go to band practice! Hahaha!

Also, when we go to California we listen to the 90s station constantly while we play games at Dave's. It's awesome. And they do a countdown on Saturday nights of a countdown from that week in 199X and those are really my favorite ones that come up.

Band practice!