Friday, July 18, 2014

33

I spent my birthday in MN this year, watching my nephews and niece (not that they needed watching!) while my SIL Daneise and her husband Brad spent a few days of the worst part of Midwest winters in a warm sunny location. I drove up with the girls during the week and Derrick joined us for the weekend. We decided to head up to Minneapolis and the Mall of America. I mean, is there a better place to spend one’s birthday?! The kids rode some rides, and I got Pinkberry and Red Robin. A win all around! We had a great time together, and of course the girls always love when we can see cousins!

IMG_3475

IMG_3483

I woke up to sweet signs all over the kitchen. So fun and thoughtful!

IMG_3436I had birthday brownies to cap off the day. Perfect. I love brownies. Warm, gooey brownies with ice cream. Mmmm…

IMG_3499   

For my actual birthday, my niece babysat and Derrick and I went out to eat in downtown Rochester at this amazing restaurant. There was an ice festival that weekend so we got to walk around and check out some sweet ice sculptures and ice bars while we waited for our table. Temps were in the 20s…it was indeed a perfect weekend for an ice festival!

IMG_3513

IMG_3514

IMG_3515

Let’s be honest, birthdays as a grown up just aren’t what they used to be. But this birthday was pretty sweet, and I’ll tell you why. Because I wasn’t at home! I didn’t feel like I had to do my normal cleaning and routine and blah blah blah. Being at Daneise’s house was like being on vacation, and I could just sit and relax and do nothing. It was amazing. It makes me want to go away for my birthday every year. And living in WI with a February birthday, I think we should really make this happen. Like, really.

No comments: