Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's Thursday.

I started a new temp job on Tuesday and they told me it would be around 2 weeks. Sweet. Just before school starts. So I show up on Tuesday thinking I'm doing receptionist stuff but really I'm just an Excel monkey. Data entry. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily) for me, I know a thing or two about excel and put my copy and paste skills to work. Apparently the people here have never worked with a capable employee, b/c they couldn't get over how efficient I am and how I ask questions and blah blah blah. Well, I guess I did too good of a job because today is my last day. And supposedly not even a full one at that. Sheesh. It's okay tho, I didn't really love it here. No one has talked to me except for my bosses (2 ladies), and there's this lady a couple cubicles away with the most annoying voice. One of those where each word is deliberate and very choppy. I've heard it somewhere else before but I can't figure out who she sounds like. Oooh! Kind of like the band girl in American Pie. But much more distinct.

As of right now, they are looking for some work to give me, and Hallelujia I have internet access or I'd go bonkers. Nothing appears to be blocked, either. Hooray! Yesterday I paid bills and read Craigslist. We'll see what fun today brings.

It sorta works out that I have some free time today b/c I have lots of errands to run. Post office to send my mom her birthday present--50!!! Yikes!! Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a wedding gift, Bath and Body Works to exchange a shower gel I thought was lotion, (I only noticed it wasn't after I had slathered it all over my hands and arms the other night before bed), Old Navy to return a shirt I bought for Derrick that he didn't like (although there is nothing wrong with it), and maybe Ulta to pick up some hair glaze to get the I-need-to-change-my-hair-somehow mood out of my system without doing something terribly drastic like chopping it all off.

We saw The DaVinci Code on Tuesday night. I thought it was pretty good. Very entertaining, if nothing else. I read the book about 3 years ago and thought I had forgotten most of it. But as I watched it all came back to me. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon, but overall it was a fun movie to watch. I kept thinking about if they ever made Angels and Demons into a movie how they would do it. I mean, can they overtake the Vatican to make a movie? Has it been done?? Well, I guess it has in Eurotrip...(which, by the way, is hilarious, although completely crass.)

Last night I put my hair in pin curls, after reading a tutorial online about how to do it. Not hard, really. The girl in the tutorial has the cutest, soft waves when she was done. Like the waves I want! So I did it. And this morning when I took out the bobbies, I was fully prepared to see my soft, sexy waves come cascading down upon my shoulders. Instead, it was like Medusa on crack with an afro. NOT CUTE!! NOT SEXY!! It was horrible. Weird random curls going every which direction. So I ran my fingers through them to break it up hoping it would help. Well, I just ended up with lots of weird random curls going every which direction. And then it looked like big 80's hair. Which would have been sweet if if were National 80's Hair Day. But it's not. So I had to bust out the flat iron and do some damage control.

RAVE: Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque

This mask rocks. It's green and minty fresh! You put it on and it literally SUCKS out your blackheads. You can even even see the little oily spots on the mask after it's dried. I put it on Derrick and it works on him, too. He needs another session to really clear them out. I took a picture, but he'd kill me if I posted it. That's okay, I get enough satisfaction knowing I just talked about it. :) Anyway, great product, and bonus--only like $2.99! AND it's BOGO at Walgreens right now! Score!

Well, I can't think of anything else. They still haven't found work for me. That's ok. I like getting paid $12/hr to blog. :)

1 comment:

Lara said...

Okay, now you HAVE to post the Derrick/Masque pic! Not an option!!
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!