Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fine!

A bit of history:

Every year we go to California with Derrick's family and rent a beach house on Newport Beach. It's the perfect vacation for me, b/c I get to sleep in as late as I want, then go out and lay in the sun. Then we eat and play at night. Perfect. It's also the perfect time to read and chat and all that stuff. So I usually bring lots of girly magazines, which my older sisters in law like to read. So 2 years ago, when we had just moved here, I decided to just check some good ones out at the library and take those. Which I did. Well, I didn't know they were only 7 day rentals. The librarian didn't tell me. I didn't ask, b/c the library in Provo let you keep them for a month. Well, to make a long story less long, I now have a SIXTY DOLLAR fine. Sixty dollars. Like I have sixty bucks to blow on a library fine. Especially not since I have a $164 TICKET to pay. That's another story, just a minute. So anyway, I have been wanting to read some good books lately, so I decided to see if I could clear this whole fine business up. I went into the library today and talked to the lady who said I need to talk to the director who is currently out on vacation but she doubts he'll do anything about it since they give you this itty bitty receipt that they shove in your book when you check them out. Please. I haven't gotten any notices about this fine, so I figure they don't need it that badly, right? Why not just forget about it altogether? Sheesh. On top of that, my library card is expired. ALL I WANT TO DO IS READ A FREAKING BOOK! I bought "Deception Point" by Dan Brown at the airport before we left for Texas. I started reading it before we left, and finished it as we landed back in Milwaukee. It was pretty good, a really fast read. Very interesting. But now I need another one. Any suggestions? Sam? You're a bookie, you must have something good for me to read, right???

Ok....working on a surprise....catch you later!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh man! I feel like the pressure is on! I'm not sure we read the same type of thing. But I recently have read lots of books ... two that were pretty fast reads were:

Extremely loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. It was really quite good and quite funny.

Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende. I enjoyed reading it but in the end I'm not sure how much I liked it.

More where that came from if you want!