Thursday, January 22, 2009

OD on OJ

Is it possible to overdose on orange juice? I have single-handedly finished off a gallon jug of orange juice in less than a week. Is that normal? Do other people drink orange juice as much as I do? Are other people as obsessed with this beverage of choice as I am? While I will drink other bands of OJ, Tropicana truly is the only brand for me. There's no way around it, it's just the best. However, Tropicana has thrown me a curve ball lately. They recently changed their packaging, making it more difficult to find the kind I like: Pure Orange Juice with Some Pulp. For whatever reason, with this new packaging, Some Pulp has been hard to find. So now I am drinking Pulp Free. And while this smooth drink satisfies just as much as the subtle pulpiness of my old juice, I do miss my original love. I don't miss how the pulp sticks to the glass and makes it impossible to wash. And no, I can't rinse out the glass when I'm finished to save myself the heartache of scrubbing the pulp off.

If I start to look orange to you, please let me know. I'll try to cut back. Try.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Pulp is the best. The more the merrier. I want so much pulp that you have your OJ with a spoon.

Jessica said...

I love orange juice. Tropicana IS the best.

Silvs said...

You're a lightweight. I routinely down a gallon of Minute Maid Fruit Punch in about 2 days, milk in about 3, and a bag of Goldfish crackers in about one sitting.

Upping my running mileage has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I can eat whatever the crap I want without fear of repercussions, except for maybe turning into a delicious salty cheesy snack, that spews out juice and milk from opposite ends. Mmmmm mmmmm!