Wednesday, August 05, 2009

God does hear our prayers!

If this isn't a faith-promoting experience, I don't know what is.

We were driving downtown this evening to go see The Phantom of the Opera. (We are celebrating our anniversary a few days early. It's become somewhat of a tradition that we see some type of show to celebrate. I dig this tradition.)

When traveling, we usually base our route based on traffic lights. Stuck at a red? Take a right! Well, tonite was no exception, except Derrick made the decision to turn right a little too late and we were stuck at another red light immediately. We can't take another right because then we'd be going the wrong way.

Well, we're sitting there and I'm looking out the other side or picking my nose or something and Derricks says, "It's the Wienermobile!"

I of course freak out and make him turn and stop and we take pictures. It's been a life goal of mine to see the Wienermobile up close and personal! I would have preferred to go inside, but a picture in front was just as great.

Before we left I had an inkling to take my camera, but brushed it aside. What would I need my camera for at the theater? You can't take them in. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED!!! So sadly, what you see are the results of our lame-o camera phones. But glorious still.

I had to run up and give it a hug.









If we hadn't turned right at that first red light we would have never seen it.

It's hard to say what the highlight was tonite, seeing Phantom or the Wienermobile. They were both incredible.

My life is that much more complete now!

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

Congratulations! And way to be classier than us by not rubbing it our faces and flipping the bird. :)

Emmy said...

Lucky you on both accounts! And happy anniversary.

Silvs said...

I wasn't even apart of the mocking that went on. That was all Reids, but I'm still very happy for you, nonetheless.

Lara said...

ROFL!!!

But HOORAY Too!!!

heidi678 said...

Happy Anniversary and congrats on seeing the Wienermobile...it's a must see, my dad used to chase it down when he saw it to get a pic too so kudos to you, pics look great!

Stewart Family said...

So happy for you :o)

Jennifer Gilmore said...

question is...did you eat one? :)