Thursday, August 27, 2009

I’m in love with Krylon

I’ve been meaning to add a little more art to our home so I went perusing through the thrift shops the other day to find some hidden gems. And hidden gems did I find. Look at this beauty!

DSC_2717 It looks great above our bed!

Ok, just kidding. I bought it for the frame and turned it into this:

DSC_2718

Which will be used to hold these:

DSC_2720

7 bucks and a can of spray paint and there you have it! Now I just need to hang it! I looove how it turned out, and I’m in love with Krylon’s satin brushed nickel spray paint. I want to spray paint everything with it. Super easy. I had the black paint already and actually just painted right over the picture of the girl, which was just a print that someone had glued onto the particle board “mat”. I now have an oval piece of glass if anyone has a use for it….

8 comments:

Samantha said...

That's a great idea for all those hair thingies. Mine are all over the place.

At first I saw that picture and tried really hard to think of a way / decor scheme in which that would really work, then I felt relieved that you didn't actually plan on hanging it up.

Emmy said...

How awesome! So cute. I want to go to a thrift store again.. but I just don't dare with my kids.

Anonymous said...

I hope you washed your hands/clothes after shopping at the thrift store to get the traces of crack cocaine off from brushing against all the mid-seventies nostalgia. If I ever am in need of some sweet flannel or want to get hives or the clap, I usually peruse DI. I actually got some text books there one year for $2 and sold them back at the BYU bookstore for like $50. Doesn't get any better...Branbury

Lara said...

So, what thrift shops do you go to? There aren't any around here, so I'm curious...

:-D

Jessica said...

You seriously had me worried, seriously dude. End product looks fabulous!

Sarah Patten said...

It is creepy how creative you are....looks nice though:)

Maria said...

I was a little freaked out thinking you liked that painting . . . I love the hair clip organizer!!

Sarah said...

Love it Karen!!!! It's amazing how you can take something so old and turn it into something so fabulous... isn't it! Paint really is so amazing and really changes the look of things.